GS Plugin Failed to initialize/open?
(03-11-2009, 03:09 PM)Quickgold Wrote: I don´t know if you have the same problem that i had, but check this post I'd resolve my problem http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4424.html (if you have directx 10 it doesn't means that you have it update)
Thanks a 100 times!!!
What the hell is with MS anyway?! releasing updates for dx 10 without naming them accordingly Angry
Anyway that solved the problem. ^^

Sponsored links

I used to get the same error. Before I could even choose which ISO to launch, it was asking me to update DirectX and then gave that error.

The thing is, now that i've updated DirectX, it no longer asks me to update it, and I can choose the ISO-rom. But when it's chosen, I still get exactly the same error: Un unhandled or unrecoverable error occurred, with the message:
The GS plugin failed to open/initialize.
Pcsx2 will now close.

I tried SSE3, and SSSE3.
The only way not to get that message is to uncheck the MTGS setting. In that case it says: "error opening GS plugin" but at least does not shut down Pcsx2.

Here's my config:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 1.8GHz
Geforce 8600M GS 256Mb + 768Mb turbocache
2Gb DDR2
Vista Home Premium
try deleting all inis on the emu and configure it again IF you already updated directx with november 2008 runtime
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
<quote>now that i've updated DirectX</quote>

I already updated with the november2008 runtime. I even did it twice to be sure, but I still can't launch any game.
Ok so I'll try deleting the inis.

Edit: deleting the inis folder worked ^^
Thanks

Edit2: well now it does not anymore. In fact it only works when I choose "direct3D9(hardware)". If I try to choose "Direct3D10(hardware)" or "Direct3D10(software)", it doesn't work. I don't really understand, as I have Vista's DirectX10 and the latest Runtimes and updates installed...
what graphics card do you have? Mellow

EDIT: nvm, saw it in the post above akaruz's (thought that he had a non-dx10 gfx card)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
need lots of help if anyone could direct me in what i need to change to make it work.. please help..
[Image: problemw.png]
(03-16-2009, 07:12 PM)cool_rom Wrote: <quote>now that i've updated DirectX</quote>

I already updated with the november2008 runtime. I even did it twice to be sure, but I still can't launch any game.
Ok so I'll try deleting the inis.

Edit: deleting the inis folder worked ^^
Thanks

Edit2: well now it does not anymore. In fact it only works when I choose "direct3D9(hardware)". If I try to choose "Direct3D10(hardware)" or "Direct3D10(software)", it doesn't work. I don't really understand, as I have Vista's DirectX10 and the latest Runtimes and updates installed...

You've updated DX9 but not DX10. Use the WEB UPDATER and update again.
(04-26-2009, 03:35 AM)johndeerejoyride Wrote: need lots of help if anyone could direct me in what i need to change to make it work.. please help..

You have a super old video card. Get a new video card and try again.
You can't use pcsx2 with a video card that old, sorry....
(04-26-2009, 03:35 AM)johndeerejoyride Wrote: need lots of help if anyone could direct me in what i need to change to make it work.. please help..

get this one and add this to the main pcsx2 folder.
http://rapidshare.com/files/119926563/SwiftShader.zip
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-16-2009, 05:35 PM)Akaruz Wrote: try deleting all inis on the emu and configure it again IF you already updated directx with november 2008 runtime

hey. I'm having hell lotta trouble trying to run my pcsx2, oviously I'm a noob. I followed the thread here by people who happen to have the same predicament and eventually I downloaded directx_mar2009_redist (that came with the tread) 'cuz apparently that's what's needed to be done as per the forum. now upon extraction of the file, I was bombarded by a plethora of archived files with different revisions and a lone dx set-up. clicking on the exe admonished that dx runtime components are about to be updated and lo they were. however, when I run pcsx2, the same error pop-up "the GS plugin failed to open/initialize" resurfaces accompanied by the horrible and inevitable gui shutdown. after this I went back to the forum where somebody claimed deleting the inis folder resolved the problem, hence I did likewise. and guess what, I've got myself a new blabber saying:

"pixel shader too low,
supported 1.4
need 2.0"

I understand that the main culprit really is my video card being somewhat obsolete to run the emulator @ a decent speed, however, one thread also confirmed that ATI radeon 9200 caters to it albeit slow. where do I sign up? sorry guys. it's terribly annoying I must say. >:-{

current system specs:

pen IV 2.80 Ghz
2.79 Ghz
512 mb of RAM
ATI radeon mobility (AGP) 9200 64 mb

I am using a vaio laptop btw.