GS Plugin help
whenever i try to load a iso file on my pcsx2 emu, it says the same thing like every1 eslse

"An unhandled or unrecoverable exception ocurred, with the message: The GS plugin failed to open/initialize.

Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be avaliable via the emuLog.txt file."

I've seen all the soultions to this on many threads but none have worked for me.

if anyone can help me resolve this problem thanks a lot

btw i have directx 9 and all updates, bios, plugins needed for pcsx2

here are my computer's info:

Microsoft XP Professional Ver. 2002 Service Pack 3
Intel® Pentium® M processor 1600MHz
1.59GHz, 448 MB of RAM

Graphics/Video Card:

RADEON IGP 350M
RADEON IGP 340M AGP (0x4337)
Internal DAC(400MHz)
memory: 64 MB

Sponsored links

Your memory below recomanded plus that mem. Have to share with your onboard gpu. So perhaps that problem because your lack of memory or you not yet to up to date with latest directx (nop.2008 and march 2009). Try to download that at. Windows website and install that to your os XP.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Radeon IGP 3xx cards don't support Pixel Shader 2.0 or DirectX9. Even if you have the DirectX9 files, your video card won't be able to use them. DirectX9 is necessary to run PCSX2. If you can't use DirectX9, then you're out of luck.

(I might be wrong, though; Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable resource out there. XD)
For my specs, see my profile.

My YouTube channel
A quick Wikipedia shows that the Radeon IGP 345M only supports DirectX 7.

Sorry Sad As far as I know, you're SOL.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Did...did I read that right? 400 mhz processor? Wow that is ancient.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(03-27-2009, 07:47 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Did...did I read that right? 400 mhz processor? Wow that is ancient.

no. you didn't read that right.

The DAC of his onboard gpu is only 400mhz.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
fbigreyleo i guess no one wants to disappoint you but i really doubt that you will play any games,not even 2d ones, on such a system, consider an upgrade or a full replacement would me much better Closedeyes try ps1 emu first, the games will run perfectly and theres tones of really good games on that console, and when the upgrade is done you can try to play ps2 games,notice you will ned dualcore processor and ps2.0 compliant video card,start with the guides on the forum there's lost of people who ask "is my system good to play games?" we can't get descent speed with top end machines and you want to play with an ancient one...
(03-27-2009, 08:11 AM)yunsabit Wrote:
(03-27-2009, 07:47 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Did...did I read that right? 400 mhz processor? Wow that is ancient.

no. you didn't read that right.

The DAC of his onboard gpu is only 400mhz.

Ah, ok. Pentium Ms are ancient too, though Tongue
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
ok thx guys ill c if i can upgrade
Guys what is wrong ? Sad
I have : Quad Core Q6600 2.4 Gh
Nvidia 9800GT 512mb
4 Giga RAM
Vista Ultimate x64
I configured the pcsx2 as the Guide says,i use daemon tools for games ,i have update directx , but still it gives me the same message
"An unhandled or unrecoverable exception ocurred, with the message: The GS plugin failed to open/initialize.Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be avaliable via the emuLog.txt file."

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO.