GS don't use GPU at all
I am on win 8.1, I have i5 2500k and nVidia 8800 GTS 512 MB GDRR3, I set GS plugin to Direct3D9(Hardware), but the game Gran Tursimo only use my CPU to 100% and the game is not running full speed, please help me.

Sponsored links

Well as we always say, please screen shot your settings and attach them in a post

or type them out
Windows 10
Intel 5930k 4.2ghz/core
32 GBs of 2400MHz DDR4
AMD PoweColor 390X (GPUs are expensive or this would be in crossfire)
(01-09-2016, 04:36 AM)Eiodalin Wrote: Well as we always say, please screen shot your settings and attach them in a post

or type them out

I leave all settings on default, I will post GSdx9 settings anyway, I try all BIOSes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Which pcsx2 version do you use?
The problem is that your cpu is already to weak to handle full speed. Therefore there are less frames to draw which results in lower gpu load.
(01-09-2016, 03:31 PM)willkuer Wrote: Which pcsx2 version do you use?
The problem is that your cpu is already to weak to handle full speed. Therefore there are less frames to draw which results in lower gpu load.

I use pcsx2 1.4 the newest. I have i5 2500k, how on earth is not enough CPU power to feed old nVidia GPU 8800 GTS. The GPU is not use at all, all the time sit on 0-1% usage
Can you please try the ogl renderer? It should be better for you. Btw if you want to increase the load on your gpu just increase scaling to 8xnative. Rendering native images is easy as hell for modern gpus. Emulating the ps2 on the other hand is very hard for modern cpu's. Gt4 is one of the most demanding games (as almost all racing games). You should play with ee cycle rate (towards lower values) and mtvu hack. For sure enable all recommended speedhacks.
It's come that the GPU is working on 95% but the GPU fan is not working, the game still lagging even at native resolution, I want to play at native resolution x2, can you give optimal settings for this old nVidia 8800 GTS.
What are fps/ee%/gs% values during slowdowns using default settings?
Around fps: 35, EE:45-50%, GS: 15-20%
Ok so this rather sounds like gpu bottleneck.
Please enable HW hacks in gsdx plugin settings. Then click on configure and set skipdraw to 10. Is the speed better?

(and please try the OGL (hw) renderer instead of Dx9(hw) )