GS plugin failed to load
So I get the GS plugin failed to load. Your Computer may have insufficient resources or incompatible hardware/drivers.

Running
Intel quadcore 2.4g
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTX
6gb ram

I'm trying to run ffx-2.. and GS tops out at 10% while running and framerate is slow/glitchy as all hell.

actively googling for a fix.. but any help is appreciated

edit: little more info

trying to run from an ISO as well... using .97 beta build

Sponsored links

have you updated the DirectX?
Imagination is where we are truly real
I updated DirectX when I downloaded the beta package
Hmm.. DirectX might be the problem.. found out I'm running DX11.. which my gpu doesn't support.. downgrade necessary?
Since the GS plugin failed to load I assume the emulator is running in software mode.

Just a question, are you on Vista or Seven and installed the emulator on C:\Program Files (x86)?

if so you "must" uninstall it, delete the PCSX2 under Documents folder (first backup the BIOS and sstates/memcards if you have some there).

Reinstall in a user created folder, something like C:\Games... does the trick. Avoid installing any game under C:\Program Files folder, even the PC native ones. This will spare you many headaches in the future.

Report the results, please.
alright... doing so now

edit: Windows 7 64 bit
opening cutscene is still chopcity.. gs is still peaking at 10%
plugin failed to load again actually..

edit again: Trying every setting there is to find something... I can load it with Direct10 Software.. but it runs kinda slow.. but if i load it with Hardware setting.. video is just choppy lines
Please post the log, If the emu is not installed under c:\Program Files... or other protected folder and DirectX is updated as pointed in the PCSX2 pages I can't guess why it's failing.

About DX11, it's not a problem since it fallback to DX10 if needed. You did not specify the CPU, make sure it is one able to run SSE4.1 if that is the plugin you are trying (I'm not an Intel user but remember having read some older CPUs not being SSE4.1 compatible).

Wait, FFX-2 does have some issues indeed with the cutscenes and need special hacks to work, let me try to remember what is need for it to run

Edit: Sorry, will be better let someone else that has played the game take from this point on.
well.. looking through the log.. there is an error

GIFTAF ERROR , size exceeded VU memory size exceeded 3FF

now I also noticed I can load the plugin upon initial startup but NOT AFTER this error occurs.. it requires me to fully close pcsx2.
(03-04-2011, 04:42 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Please post the log, If the emu is not installed under c:\Program Files... or other protected folder and DirectX is updated as pointed in the PCSX2 pages I can't guess why it's failing.

About DX11, it's not a problem since it fallback to DX10 if needed. You did not specify the CPU, make sure it is one able to run SSE4.1 if that is the plugin you are trying (I'm not an Intel user but remember having read some older CPUs not being SSE4.1 compatible).

Wait, FFX-2 does have some issues indeed with the cutscenes and need special hacks to work, let me try to remember what is need for it to run

oh wow if that's the case I'm sorry I'm taking up your time with my own idiocy.. I should have looked harder
got past opening intro.. game runs fine.. just need to tweak graphics.. hardcore blurring around edges
@op : please edit your post instead of spamming
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
check your graphics. and update em in windows 7 go to start, right click on computer, then properties, click device manager on left, now go to display
adapters and maximize it, now right click on the graphic driver you have, and click update driver software. this worked for me i hope this helps