GS plugin fails to initialize
When I try to run a game, I get this error message saying:

"An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occured, with the message:

the GS plugin failed to start/initialize.

Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file "

- I got this message the first time I tried, which it told me to update to DirectX10 and I did but it didn't change anything. Any ideas- am I just not able to run it? Your help would be greatly appreciated since I'm pretty clueless with these types of things.

Sponsored links

nevermind I got it working it just runs incredibly slow but I guess that's to be expected.
What was the cause of the problem? Your description was very vague in the details you gave hence the reason no one offered help most likely.
Ninja
(03-21-2009, 07:59 AM)Toaster Queen Wrote: nevermind I got it working it just runs incredibly slow but I guess that's to be expected.
what settings you have?
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Me no problem after up to date directx nop. 2008 in windows website try to download again in proper website (windows) and run as administrator in directx exe file if your os is vista.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Ah, that's a typical problem - people not having up2date directx. Glad you got it fixed Wink
Ninja
(03-22-2009, 12:16 PM)Trigun Wrote: Ah, that's a typical problem - people not having up2date directx. Glad you got it fixed Wink

Cool, only that was an absolutely different person LaughDD
(03-22-2009, 12:38 PM)Cain Wrote:
(03-22-2009, 12:16 PM)Trigun Wrote: Ah, that's a typical problem - people not having up2date directx. Glad you got it fixed Wink

Cool, only that was an absolutely different person LaughDD

touché

In my defense, I surmised he had the same error message Wink
Ninja