GS plugin not recognizing DX 11?
Okay, so I downloaded the latest stable version of pcsx2 (1.0), but here's the thing: Every time I try to run it, the GS plugin won't open, claiming my Direct X drivers are out of date. They aren't.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Direct X 11 (newest version)
Processor: Intel i7 @ 2.3 GHz
GPU: GeForce GT 630m

Note: No games work; they will not initialize, and pcsx2 will hang, probably due to the GS plugin (the only way I know this is because I managed to get to the main GUI by selecting GSnull plugin, and then switching it out afterward.) I already have the BIOS (a proud PS2 owner, I am).

Help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

They are. Do what the program tells you.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-09-2012, 10:53 PM)Bositman Wrote: They are. Do what the program tells you.

So I need to downgrade to DX 9.0c instead of DX 11? Just want to confirm here, since I'm not sure I can get DX 11 back if it turns out I need it later...
You can't 'downgrade' your DirectX. You simultaneously have DX9,10 and 11 in your system. The updater will update your DX9 and DX10 to their latest version
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-09-2012, 11:01 PM)Bositman Wrote: You can't 'downgrade' your DirectX. You simultaneously have DX9,10 and 11 in your system. The updater will update your DX9 and DX10 to their latest version

Ah, thank you, that makes much more sense! Many thanks.Smile

EDIT: The issue has been resolved; again, thank you.
¬_¬ ...

And I sent him here trusting that he had his stuff updated. I forgot the golden rule, "Never trust the user".
Oh well, happy ending anyway!
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(10-09-2012, 11:57 PM)KrossX Wrote: I forgot the golden rule, "Never trust the user".

hey, it's client, not user *huffs* It's microsoft's fault for not including their "final" version of dx9 inside 7
Does Windows 8 come with the latest DirectX runtime library?
(10-10-2012, 06:54 AM)Livy Wrote: Does Windows 8 come with the latest DirectX runtime library?
no. MS is VERY lazy..
(10-09-2012, 11:57 PM)KrossX Wrote: ¬_¬ ...

And I sent him here trusting that he had his stuff updated. I forgot the golden rule, "Never trust the user".
Oh well, happy ending anyway!
No one told me Direct X 11 didn't include support for direct X 9 stuff! (Logically, I figured it would have legacy support of some kind.) Anyway, that's over with. Laugh