Resolved: [Bug Report] Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 [NTSC-U]
# PCSX2 version: pcsx2 1.0

# CPU options: Default. EE/IOP: Recompiler, Recompiler. EE/FPU: Chop/Zero,Normal. VU0/VU1: MicroVU, MicroVU. VU0/VU1 Advanced Options: Chop/Zero, Extra + Preserve Sign. No speedhacks.

# Plugins used: GSdx 5334 0.1.16

# Description: Grass doesn't look right in hardware mode only. Its like it full of static or something like that. Increasing resolution does make it somewhat less noticeable but is still there. Same thing in madden nfl 12.

Hardware mode

Software Mode

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
i5 3570k OC'ed 4.2ghz
8gb ram
Geforce GTX 770

Sponsored links

Try to change texture filtering at GSdx.
I tried all 3 texture filtering options. Makes no difference. I just wanted to know if there was some fix for the messed up looking grass in hardware mode because i'm testing this game on pcsx2 so i can submit results to Public compatibility list. Game runs perfect in software mode.
i5 3570k OC'ed 4.2ghz
8gb ram
Geforce GTX 770
if anything, id say hardware mode was more correct..

Software mode looks to have subtle lines which you wouldn't find in real grass Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I guess so. Static is still annoying. Its not very noticeable in the screenshot i took. It is when you play the game. A video would of been better proof.
i5 3570k OC'ed 4.2ghz
8gb ram
Geforce GTX 770
(08-14-2012, 02:10 AM)refraction Wrote: if anything, id say hardware mode was more correct..

Software mode looks to have subtle lines which you wouldn't find in real grass Tongue

wow Hardware mode was more correct that's a First appearance Laugh
seen this game on the actual hardware, and yeah, the second screenshot looks closer to a real ps2+decent lcd.

But i would expect GSDX hardware is displaying the grass as it was actually included in the game, rather than killing the quality with stretch+blur

heres what this very game looks like on a Galaxy S2

[Image: img_223_pes-2012-pro-evolution-soccer-an...ing-nl.jpg]
Turn off texture filtering in SW mode will make game look same...
To make it look the same as software mode turn on mipmapping by pressing Insert or by going to Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings, and set Mipmapping to "Basic".

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.