GSDX + Optimus
Sad 
Hi,

anyone managed to get GSDX working on a Optimus-system?

-------------------

I have already tried using the Intel card which results in

PCSX output
Intel glxinfo

then i tried the bumblebee ( http://bumblebee-project.org/ ) way:

PCSX output
nvidia glxinfo

Correct if I'm wrong but it seems GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object is supported, right?

Sponsored links

The intel won't work because it doesn't support yet opengl 3.3 . Just in case be sure to run everything in 32 bits if your're system is 64 bits.

And can you try to launch pcsx2 directly, I'm not sure it will have any impact
Code:
opti... pcsx2
rather than
Code:
opti... launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
linux doesn't support optimus you will not be able to bring the nvidia gpu into the on state
(08-19-2012, 06:12 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: linux doesn't support optimus you will not be able to bring the nvidia gpu into the on state

you can use optimus with bumblebee and it works well with zzogl, dolphin, et:qw, trine, oil rush etc.
Have you try both HW/SW renderer? I'm sure it used to work on the past. Even intel support GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object so it migh be an unsuported inside the bumblelee layer ([VGL] lines aren't from pcsx2)
(08-19-2012, 06:26 PM)gregory Wrote: Have you try both HW/SW renderer? sure it used to work on the past. Even intel support GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object so it migh be an unsuported inside the bumblelee layer ([VGL] lines aren't from pcsx2)

tried both and both aborting

well, right but it's supported by my opengl renderer and afaik it's rendered on the nvidia card and then transported to the intel card. Is there any application/game which uses pbo's?

edit

I've googed a bit and found this and this so I tried to run heroes of newerth

http://de.zimagez.com/zimage/unbenannt25.php
Could you try to use older version of pcsx2 (ie before r5289). I used some context swiching on r5289 maybe bumblelee is lost.
I tried R5288 but it crashes with the same error
Fixed in VGL 2.4beta

Quote:VirtualGL now uses a separate OpenGL context to perform pixel readback. This
fixes several issues, including an error ("GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object extension
not available") when trying to enable PBO readback with applications that use a
3.x or later OpenGL core profile, and incorrect rendering in JPCSP and other
applications that modify certain pixel store parameters (such as
GL_PACK_SWAP_BYTES or GL_PACK_ROW_LENGTH) that VirtualGL wasn't properly
handling.

http://virtualgl.sourceforge.net/vgl.nightly/
--------------------------

but GSDX is far behind zz0gl's performance even with hardware renderer is there any chance to enabele avx? I've already build it it with -march=corei7-avx but it's still named SSE2.
Hardware render is not finished (and crash on my amd gpu) when I get enough time to fix rendering issue and crash. I will look for the speed. I think the hardware texture cache isn t working.

I can add sse stuff based on cpu autodetection in a month (at the moment I do extra hours for my jobs :-P )