GS - PCRTC: [Bug Report] The King of Fighters 2000 [SLPS_251.56]
I need to redo the code anyway. Potentially the hack of pool paradise could be linked to 16 bits texture. I will see if I can store the size of primitive draw in the screen. This way it will give us the real size. Otherwise, I think the only solution will be to add another option to select game resolution.

Sponsored links

(10-27-2015, 12:06 PM)refraction Wrote: how does that plugin not work on your pc? O-o hmm you might need the visual studio 2015 runtimes from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=48145

I forgot to mention i use VS 2015 Tongue
Yep, that was it. It works now and fixes the bug in KOF 2000 at 60hz. Like .r5 said it doesn't work for 50hz mode.
Unfortunately I dunno how to fix the auto detection. I restored the old code with a rendering bounding box.
It helps DMC3 and a bit gitaroo. But both Gitaroo and KOF seems to render at a bigger resolution. I think they do render the bottom black bar but you don't see it on CRTC.

I will add an option to set the CRTC screen size.
Opinion are welcome
1/ I can create a generic option so user can set any value.
2/ Or I can create a checkbox to reduce a bit the screen size. It would only work for the black bar but not sure we have more issue.
The CRTC Rescaling plugin also fixes the 60hz black bar in Metal Slug 3. Smile

Metal Slug 3 definitely renders the black bar because it contains textures at certain locations and the screen is fully used when you are higher up in levels where you can't see the very bottom of the screen.
(10-27-2015, 02:11 PM)FlatOut Wrote: The CRTC Rescaling plugin also fixes the 60hz black bar in Metal Slug 3. Smile

Metal Slug 3 definitely renders the black bar because it contains textures at certain locations and the screen is fully used when you are higher up in levels where you can't see the very bottom of the screen.

Will the game change the resolution in the middle of the game? Or the bottom part is garbage (at mustn't be drawn)
(10-27-2015, 02:16 PM)gregory Wrote: Will the game change the resolution in the middle of the game? Or the bottom part is garbage (at mustn't be drawn)
No resolution changes, there is just a black bar at the bottom of the level with occasionally a garbage texture there, but if you move higher in a level the black bar scrolls out of view and the entire screen is used. If you sink a ship, you will see it sink through the black bar as well.
Ok. I posted a new version of the branch. Changelog
1/ auto detection is a bit better
2/ You can set the resolution manually (448/512) with crtc_size field on the ini
GUI was updated for linux only Wink
A regression was caused on the earlier commit, got better on current version but it is still there.

In the demo selection screen, the bottom of the screen is slightly darker. The earlier version of the branch without bounding boxes was worse, half of the screen was like that.

Here's the GS dump.

Attached Files
.7z   gsdx-CRTC-DarkerArea.7z (Size: 91,74 KB / Downloads: 215)
New version available with more voodoo stuff Tongue2