GSDX - Tales of Rebirth Character Bug
Hi, I've kinda been lurking around, but now I actually have a problem I can't fix (forgive me for any newbishness).

I've been trying to play Tales of Rebirth on r528, GSdx 890 0.1.14, SSE2.

For some reason, Direct3D10 crashes the emulator, so I have to resort to Direct3D9 (Hardware). On ZeroGS, the game plays fine until I actually get into a battle or go into a menu, where it slows down to like 5 FPS. After changing it to GSDX, I was able to get them to work at normal FPS, but then the sprites of the characters get all messed up (attachment). Checking alpha correction doesn't do anything.

My specs are:
Vista (64 bit)
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor @ 2.218 GHz
NVidia GeForce 9800 GT

Any suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I noticed on Tales of Destiny Remake that DX10 crashes if you don't have the internal res set to native could be the same issue there.
(02-25-2009, 07:57 AM)dralor Wrote: I noticed on Tales of Destiny Remake that DX10 crashes if you don't have the internal res set to native could be the same issue there.

Hey, you're right, thanks. Unfortunately, they're still zombie characters Sad

(Edit: Actually, DX10 even makes the menus shaky)
Heh more than a year later...

Try GSdx 873m (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14 in Hardware mode, Native resolution and uncheck all the boxes at the bottom (Texture Filtering, Logarithmic Z etc.) it works for me. Sometimes the sprites in towns will be without legs or head but that isn't too common.

Battles are near flawless and at a good speed.