Resolved: [Bug Report] God Of War 2 - Half pixel offset Broken in dx 11?
(02-08-2016, 01:27 PM)yoshijin Wrote: I'm glad my tinkering around helped someone.

Definitely bud definitely , Thanks.

This info should prolly be added to the wiki page since it would be quite difficult for most end-users to find on their own.
Game specific ini settings would be a good idea for a future update imho.

Sponsored links

For me the half pixel offset has always worked in GOW2. I use the TC Offset with Align Sprite because half pixel offset with align sprite doesnot take care of the vertical lines in underwater scenes adequately.
(02-08-2016, 02:47 PM)ssakash Wrote: @bobfresh

The issue is still valid, did the Half pixel offset hack fix ghosting issues on D3D11 & OpenGL at any earlier version of PCSX2 ? It'd help if you can find the build which broke the Half pixel offset hack on D3D11 & OpenGL.

Sorry I missed your message as it was posted as i was responding to a previous post. my post appeared on page 2 so i missed it.
Ill check it out tonight when im home.
Ok heres where im up to...This post will be updated as i do more testing... I will write "DONE!!!" when im finished. Smile

Note:Im guessing this bit....
Firstly GoW2(and possibly GoW1) appears to use a partial (character/ certain models) secondary render blurred behind the original (approx 1 pixel to the left.)to provide a rudimentary form of Anti-aliasing / Post-Processing. On a native output device (1x) this is fine since the 'Blurred' frames line up 100% correctly however at higher internal scaling this causes misalignment errors. If i had to guess I would say float-to-integer conversion and integer-2-float-conversion is more than likely the cause of this misalignment but honestly I dont know.

Using dx11 +3 x resolution to deliberately cause errors and im ignoring under water sections for the sake of speed:

1.4.0 stable :
When NOT using "HPO hack=on" there is a genuine ghost image (seriously its blurred as hell, like its on purpose) appears approx 40 pixel lower on x axis and approx 10 pixel lower on the y axis(higher on screen). So hack HPO seems to be necessary. Update: The ghostimage seems to be a deliberate effect because when HPO-Hack is used the ghost it acts like 'Bloom' on the main char. Basicly 1.4.0 works as intended, HPO hack fixes the problem.

Next up.... see if we can find where it was broken...

ok need a little help finding specific versions. Can someone point me to the FULL git page.
I need a copy of 1.4.5 or as near to it as i can get so i can systematically track the introduction of this bug. thanks
Quote: If i had to guess I would say float-to-integer conversion and integer-2-float-conversion is more than likely the cause of this misalignment but honestly I dont know.
Yes you don't know. The issue is that framebuffer is sampled from 0.5 to 320.5, sampling is truncated so from texel 0 to 640. If you uses an upscaling of 2x, framebuffer will be sampled form 0.5*2 to 640.5*2. As you can see 0.5 extra offset that is truncated become a real offset of 1 pixel. The half-pixel hack adds a -0.5 offset on sampling.
(02-09-2016, 06:14 PM)gregory Wrote: Yes you don't know. The issue is that framebuffer is sampled from 0.5 to 320.5, sampling is truncated so from texel 0 to 640. If you uses an upscaling of 2x, framebuffer will be sampled form 0.5*2 to 640.5*2. As you can see 0.5 extra offset that is truncated become a real offset of 1 pixel. The half-pixel hack adds a -0.5 offset on sampling.

Like i cared enough to read the rest after the snappy patronizing comment. Fix your own *****.
I didn't mean to sound rude sorry.
(02-09-2016, 03:13 PM)bobfresh Wrote: Next up.... see if we can find where it was broken...

ok need a little help finding specific versions. Can someone point me to the FULL git page.
I need a copy of 1.4.5 or as near to it as i can get so i can systematically track the introduction of this bug. thanks

This page should lead to what you are looking for. 
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
since he asked the full list of available builds : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist
Regarding the HPO hack I have this feeling that it overcompensates for the misalignment. This leads to white/whitish upper and left borders, best appreciated in fullscreen in games, as in the screenshot of SotC. (I have pasted the screenshot on a black background to make it noticeable)

Please ignore if it is an expected behaviour or known bug.  Unsure

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)