GSDX and ATI?
Hey everyone. I'm using this amazing program to run my WWE games on my E5200@3ghz and HD3850. My question is, does gsdx really has performance problems with ATI cards? And if so, just how much performance I'm actually losing?
Anyway I'll take this chance to thank the staff for this amazing emulator. I never thought I'd be able to run Smackdown vs Raw games close to full speed on my pc. Smile

Sponsored links

I think there's only a problem with some of the HD4*** series, not in HD3***.
If GSdx is not reporting above 90% "cpu" usage in its' bar,you are not limited by your graphics card. I think the gsdx problem is mainly in 2D scenes where ATI cards simply get about 1/3 of the FPS their Nvidia counterparts have.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-22-2009, 11:49 PM)Bositman Wrote: If GSdx is not reporting above 90% "cpu" usage in its' bar,you are not limited by your graphics card. I think the gsdx problem is mainly in 2D scenes where ATI cards simply get about 1/3 of the FPS their Nvidia counterparts have.

I play 2D games(ATLUS) in my laptop and Desktop both use ATI. I am wondering what games does the 1/3 speed impact affect. I didn't notice it when I play them.

I don't seem to be affected by this.
[Image: Sig3copy.gif]
(03-23-2009, 03:43 AM)Syberproxy Wrote:
(03-22-2009, 11:49 PM)Bositman Wrote: If GSdx is not reporting above 90% "cpu" usage in its' bar,you are not limited by your graphics card. I think the gsdx problem is mainly in 2D scenes where ATI cards simply get about 1/3 of the FPS their Nvidia counterparts have.

I play 2D games(ATLUS) in my laptop and Desktop both use ATI. I am wondering what games does the 1/3 speed impact affect. I didn't notice it when I play them.

I don't seem to be affected by this.
I Think this is still isu, some people with ATI Card doesnt have a problem with GSDX but in other side, some people have problem. example for FFXII game had a problem fps with HD.4670 but for me (I have HD3870) doesnt have a single isu with gsdx plugin in this game. I think the problem is related to drivers or in system windows settings or software isu and not in Hardware Smile.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Ohhhhh sooo it only affects the drivers of 4xxx series?
[Image: Sig3copy.gif]
Aren't the drivers of the 4xxx serias exactly the same as the 3xxx serias?
Yes is same as hd3xxx, but i dont know about isu for hd4xxx. I only have a problem with vista in the past for pc game because i make a mess with driver ATI With install two diffrent driver in same time for my onboard mobo x1200 and my grapich card HD.3870 And i enable both gpu in bios mobo, my problem is a strange dropped fps in game and after i complete uninstall and moreover i have to clean install OS vista, the problem got solved.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I've got an HD4850. Never experienced this issue with any of my games so far.
(03-23-2009, 11:20 AM)matsuri Wrote: I've got an HD4850. Never experienced this issue with any of my games so far.

Maybe because your CPU is fast enough