Poll: What would be the better alternative word to replace the indicated text in the image with ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Internal Resolution (currently)
61.36%
27 61.36%
FSAA
0%
0 0%
Rendering Resolution
38.64%
17 38.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

GSDX: change Internal resolution text
(09-10-2015, 11:40 PM)gregory Wrote: By the way if you use 3x or more on an hd screen, you will start to get blurry edge.

What? I haven't seen this. My monitors are both 1080p and I mostly do 6xIR and I don't see blurry edges. Am I missing something here?

(09-15-2015, 08:20 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: what really need to happen though is GSDX window title bar should show the resolution that is being rendered. not the game internal default resolution.

I like knowing the game's native resolution. Maybe it would be nice for the GS window's title bar to show both though, but that's a big maybe. The GS window's title bar is getting pretty crowded as it is.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU

Sponsored links

We can't really fit anything else in the title bar.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-30-2015, 06:35 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: I like knowing the game's native resolution. Maybe it would be nice for the GS window's title bar to show both though, but that's a big maybe. The GS window's title bar is getting pretty crowded as it is.

another alternative might be to replace the game's native resolution with the current resolution rather than adding the current resolution along the title bar.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-01-2015, 01:23 PM)ssakash Wrote: another alternative might be to replace the game's native resolution with the current resolution rather than adding the current resolution along the title bar.

I think that could be good. Maybe add an ini settable variable that would show the native resolution if set to true.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I think we need to rethink the whole title bar. There's a lot of info there, some of it is redundant sometimes (e.g. deinterlace mode is irrelevant when the content is not interlaced), some parts of it are much more important than others (e.g. the UI% load is nice to look at, but knowing what the save state slot is probably more important).

So:
- list everything we think is even remotely useful at the title bar.
- prioritize the items
- drop the low priority ones
- redo the whole bar.

Important to remember that adding info to the console is usually very easy and we don't have any limitation on the info we can put there, but the titlebar is very visible and also limited in space, so if there's stuff we think could move to the console messages, it's another thing to consider (e.g. the UI% is not useful at the console, but then again, is it really always useful at the titlebar?).

You can file an issue on github with the suggestion and take this discussion there.
Is the "UI" part of the title bar necessary? 99% of the time, it hovers around 1%.
This ^
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(10-01-2015, 01:23 PM)ssakash Wrote: another alternative might be to replace the game's native resolution with the current resolution rather than adding the current resolution along the title bar.

This will probably stop the questions  like "why the resolution is low in the titlebar" and personally I think it's better to know the current resolution than the native resolution.

What is the point of knowing the UI and VU usage,isn't EE and GS most important to know what is limiting you and to make it easier for newbies,rename EE to CPU and GS to GPU.That way they will know which one is making the game to run at low speed.

What is the point of the "Interlaced (frame)" text...that text stays no matter what I do.Pressing F5 or F7 doesn't change that text,only F5 change the "Auto" text

Do we really need the "Limiter: Normal\None" if we see the FPS and now even the speed percentage(an ini option to choose what to see...speed,fps or both like in ppsspp would be nice)

Also do we really need to update the titlebar every 0.5 seconds or less(I don't know the exact delay between getting all that info).Less than one second seems too much.

And also,do wee need to be that exact about the fps number.Does anyone actually care about the difference between 59.95 and 60.00

GSdx OGL HW | 640x448 | Auto | Interlaced (frame) | Limiter: Normal | Speed: 100% (60.00) | EE: 20% | GS: 10% | VU: 0% | UI: 16% | State 0
GSdx OGL HW | 640x448 | Auto | Speed: 100% (60fps) | CPU: 20% | GPU:10% | State 0

You can also save space if you remove the spaces between |
GSdx OGL HW|640x448|Auto|Speed: 100% (60fps)|CPU: 20%|GPU:10%|State 0
I still think that displaying the text directly on the rendering window is the way to go. All important info that can't fit on the bar can be toggled with a hotkey, and text should pop-up temporarily whenever something changes like saving a state.
The VU percentage should probably be kept, I think it's useful for figuring out how the MTVU speed hack affects stuff, but I'm not certain.