Poll: What would be the better alternative word to replace the indicated text in the image with ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Internal Resolution (currently)
61.36%
27 61.36%
FSAA
0%
0 0%
Rendering Resolution
38.64%
17 38.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

GSDX: change Internal resolution text
(10-04-2015, 12:04 AM)vsub Wrote: What is the point of the "Interlaced (frame)" text...that text stays no matter what I do.Pressing F5 or F7 doesn't change that text,only F5 change the "Auto" text

The "Interlaced (frame)" text changes to "Progressive (frame)" if you enable 480p mode in-game (if the game supports it.)

(10-04-2015, 12:04 AM)vsub Wrote: What is the point of knowing the UI and VU usage,isn't EE and GS most important to know what is limiting you and to make it easier for newbies,rename EE to CPU and GS to GPU.That way they will know which one is making the game to run at low speed.

Better yet, we could just remove both of them entirely. If there's one thing you should be using to monitor usage, it's CPU-Z for the CPU and GPU-Z for the GPU, which also give you more accurate information and other extras.

(10-04-2015, 12:04 AM)vsub Wrote: You can also save space if you remove the spaces between |

GSdx OGL HW|640x448|Auto|Speed: 100% (60fps)|CPU: 20%|GPU:10%|State 0

No spaces looks kinda messy, no offense.  Wacko

(10-04-2015, 12:04 AM)vsub Wrote: GSdx OGL HW | 640x448 | Auto | Speed: 100% (60fps) | CPU: 20% | GPU:10% | State 0

I like this  Biggrin . Here's my version:

Quote:GSdx OpenGL Hardware | 1280x896 | Progressive | Auto | Speed: 60 FPS - 100% | State: 0

This takes into consideration what I said about monitoring CPU and GPU usage. With the space we saved, there is room to include the full renderer name and type. It also multiplies the native resolution by the custom multiplier to give you the "actual" resolution. Here's a comparison of all three possibilities (yours, then mine, then the current one):

Quote:vsub:      GSdx OGL HW | 640x448 | Weave TFF | Speed: 100% (60fps) | CPU: 20% | GPU: 10% | State 0
yorkies: GSdx OpenGL Hardware | 1280x896 | Progressive | Weave TFF | Speed: 60 FPS - 100% | State: 0
Current: GSdx OGL HW | 640x448 | Weave TFF | Progressive (frame) | Limiter: Normal | Speed: 100% (60.00) | EE: 20% | GS: 10% | UI: 0% | State 0 

(10-04-2015, 01:33 AM)Clank Wrote: The VU percentage should probably be kept, I think it's useful for figuring out how the MTVU speed hack affects stuff, but I'm not certain.

There isn't a VU percentage. I think there might have been in earlier versions of PCSX2.

Sponsored links

There is a vu percentage, as soon as you enable mtvu it's there and is just as important as gs and ee.

UI however isn't really necessary unless the UI is really buggy for some reason
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

And just because Progressive is so massively used by tons of games,we have a text that tell us if the game is running in progressive or interlacing mode.
Until now I never knew what this was for...just wasting space
Btw the space you save is again used by that long text "OpenGL Hardware"

And personally(no offense to anyone that actually wanted this),I don't see what's so great about seeing the speed percentage.
(10-04-2015, 02:35 AM)refraction Wrote: There is a vu percentage, as soon as you enable mtvu it's there and is just as important as gs and ee.

UI however isn't really necessary unless the UI is really buggy for some reason

maybe allow for turn it off or on in the code in case debugging needs to be done.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Well an option could be to just have it enabled for dev builds
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

yeah, that's not a bad idea. I had the idea of doing it like we do the PSX disc loading, or VU logging.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Gs thread % != gpu load

Vu thread is really important. Shows instantly mtvu misuse.

Interlaced and progressive really should be displayed at the console. Same for deinterlacing modes.

I think all semiconstant/semiimportant values should move to the console. All variable or important values can stay in the title.
Is resolution useful? UI% can only be enabled in debug build.
@gregory
As you are already here... Is the displayed resolution the correct one or is it again some internal measure as with custom resolution?
(10-04-2015, 01:03 PM)gregory Wrote: Is resolution useful? UI% can only be enabled in debug build.

I think the (native) resolution is useful, and also the actual internal resolution would be useful (which we currently don't display). I recently added a 'GSRenderer::GetInternalResolution()' (displays this value at the console when launching the recording with F12) which should have correct overridden behavior for SW/HW renderers, so that could be used for that.

* This function should be more optimized if used in hot code, but I don't think updating the titlebar would be considered hot.