GSDX version that fixes MGS3
So, I heard from a few friends that a GSDX version, or PCSX2 version, that fixes the horrible blotches that appear when emulating Metal Gear Solid 3.

I can't find that version though, I downloaded one of the latest working builds from here but it's not working. I also downloaded the latest beta(?) version of GSDX, but the result is the same.

Have I been lied to, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Sponsored links

The blotches? They haven't been fixed yet. the recent versions have most of the MGS3 versions patched, but you need to make sure CRC hacks is on "full" under the hw hacks section of the GSDX config
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You might need to use opengl instead of directx. If that doesn't work you might need to enable some accuracy options (in ogl)
(08-26-2015, 08:18 PM)refraction Wrote: The blotches? They haven't been fixed yet.  the recent versions have most of the MGS3 versions patched, but you need to make sure CRC hacks is on "full" under the hw hacks section of the GSDX config

(08-26-2015, 08:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: You might need to use opengl instead of directx. If that doesn't work you might need to enable some accuracy options (in ogl)

Willkuer is right, it was OpenGL.
Thanks man :3
OGL Doesn't really fix it (apart from the top left corner), but it makes it all yellow instead Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Opengl fixes the shader rendering. However the texture cache issue is still here.
what is the shader rendering used for?
To shuffle texture color. Likely to sample the depth buffer
yo im finding hardware mode to be slower than software mode and I'm using native res and high accuracy blending, but it's still not as accurate as SW and the it runs slower than SW. Is there something wrong here?
Read carefully my first post. 2nd sentences