GSdx 0.1.16 asking to update libraries on Win8 CP
Hi,
When ever I try to configure PCSX2, a GSdx error comes up asking me to update my libraries. When I click Ok, it redirects me to the DX9.0c page. Remembering NFSU2 had DX9.0c installer, I popped the CD and tried the installer but as expected, Win 8 does not support the installer.

Any idea to fix this? I'm using GSdx 4600 0.1.16 SSE2 driver. PCSX2 is 0.9.8

Edit: I've downloaded d3dx9_43.dll (PCSX2 Program Log was looking for it. Placed it in system32)

Sponsored links

I don't get it.
pcsx2 took you to directx download page and instead of downloading latest directx, you said "well, I'll take an old one from my NFSU2 CD" ?
that doesn't make sense ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Never had an experience with windows 8 though. Just downloading that DLL Won't work. You need to update the Whole DirectX Package. First Download what GSDX is telling to. Then Download this one :- DirectX Redistributable and install it.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Quote:I don't get it.
pcsx2 took you to directx download page and instead of downloading latest directx, you said "well, I'll take an old one from my NFSU2 CD" ?
that doesn't make sense ...

My NFSU2 (Need For Speed Underground 2) had a DX9.0c installer in it.

Quote:Never had an experience with windows 8 though. Just downloading that DLL Won't work. You need to update the Whole DirectX Package. First Download what GSDX is telling to. Then Download this one :- DirectX Redistributable and install it.

thanks guys, i downloaded the package. It works now!! Thanks!!
(05-04-2012, 03:25 PM)LAazsx Wrote: My NFSU2 (Need For Speed Underground 2) had a DX9.0c installer in it.

thanks guys, i downloaded the package. It works now!! Thanks!!

Oh, I get it.
you're one of those who think DX9 , DX10, & DX11 are all separate packages...
Well you learnt something Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
For some unfathomable reason again MS does not include the latest DX runtime on their latest greatest OS. Mystifying.
What Greatest OS?? Are you talking about windows 8. Well, Personally I don't think Windows is greatest all the time. It has got far more errors than benefits. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]