GSdx 1.0
I don't feel younger Tongue2

Sponsored links

(09-22-2016, 05:05 PM)FlatOut Wrote: It appears the issue was caused by the EE slider speedhack. It is still a regression though, because it didn't happen before that commit.

I noticed another issue though. This is an image of the in-game menu:

This is the same menu after pausing and resuming the emulator:

I thought Jak 3 always had this issue? I know the t only happens when you switch renders.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=61047]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=61046]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@FlatOut, I need to understand the cutscene issue... Do you see any difference with the patch on the dump or only in real game.
(09-25-2016, 01:39 PM)gregory Wrote: @FlatOut, I need to understand the cutscene issue... Do you see any difference with the patch on the dump or only in real game.
It fixes both the dump and the game.
looking further, ate is often enabled so it is bad fix.

Could you dump all frames of the dump and tell me which one is wrong. (I have 16 frames by the way)
Code:
dump = 1
save = 0
savef = 1
savel = 10000
saven = 0
savet = 0
savez = 0
I dumped the frames, but it turns out debug builds don't reproduce the bug.
Oh *****, you're right. Debug/dev build are fine !!! OMG, I'm feeling an horrible debug time. Maybe I miss a barrier somewhere.
Ok I understand what happen. When you enable EE cycle rate. The rendering is shortcuted to use data from previous frame.

Currently the depth lookup (that was on old frame buffer) only looks up the buffer of the current frame. In debug build the depth is manually cleared. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that allowing to lookup frame from previous frame might introduce bug in others games (or maybe fix issue too)...
I'm curious about two things, gregory. It's related to something I discovered (G-Sync + ULMB at the same time): https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments...and_howto/

From all the things I tried, only PCSX2 and standalone Higan refused to trigger G-Sync, even if G-Sync is configured to be applied with windowed applications. I think an exclusive fullscreen mode would make it work (and maybe allow the possibility of 3D Vision in DX11, which is another wish I have Tongue2). So my questions are:

1-Would it be hard to create an exclusive fullscreen mode? And would it be done in the video plugin itself or in the emulation window (am I saying this right?)?
2- If step number one is done, would it be possible to make the emulator report the internal fps of games, or at least the distinction between 30fps and 60fps modes (like how FFX uses 60fps in menus and 30fps everywhere else, but RTSS always says 60fps)? I don't know how G-Sync would respond to "fake" fps.

With that, I would be able to use correct strobing at 60fps with my current monitor (and maybe 3D Vision too).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
1/ linux dev here. Honestly exclusive fullscreen mode is a can of worms.
2/ Even if you manage to have an exclusive access to the sound card too, it won't help Tongue2 GS is always 60 fps. However sometimes 2 consecutives frames are the same.