GSdx 1.0
Jak 2 FMV.

Sponsored links

(10-14-2016, 09:02 PM)gregory Wrote: Jak 2 FMV.
Jak 2 has no FMV's as far as I know(FMV=prerendered scene, cutscene=in-game scene).

The issue is left from the centre and slightly off towards the top of the screen behind the head of the girl. It's the edge of the grip of the hammer on the door popping out from behind the doorframe.
Ah yes cutscene. Same for me, the part of game that you need to wait Tongue2
(10-14-2016, 09:09 PM)gregory Wrote: Ah yes cutscene. Same for me, the part of game that you need to wait Tongue2
When playing yes, when coding it's best to know the difference. Tongue2
For the code it is the same, one write texture, GSdx produces random garbage, one write texture and vertices, GSdx still produce random garbage Wink
I was thinking of the core code, not just GS. Wink
Oh. Could you pick latest git and test it with this patch. I'm not sure if it is safe enough, so I'm not sure I will only based it on the age.
Code:
diff --git a/plugins/GSdx/GSTextureCache.cpp b/plugins/GSdx/GSTextureCache.cpp
index 24f549a..da0b394 100644
--- a/plugins/GSdx/GSTextureCache.cpp
+++ b/plugins/GSdx/GSTextureCache.cpp
@@ -449,7 +449,7 @@ GSTextureCache::Target* GSTextureCache::LookupTarget(const GIFRegTEX0& TEX0, int
                    dst_match = t;
                    break;
                } else if (t->m_age == 1) {
-                   //dst_match = t;
+                   dst_match = t;
                }
            }
        }
Yes, that patch fixes the issue in Jak II. And it doesn't seem to cause any new regressions.
While playing Ratchet & Clank 1 with the new mipmapping, I noticed that the built in vsync isn't very consistent. With it enabled the game was still getting tearing occasionally despite maintaining 60fps. I managed to fix it by using forced vsync from the Nvidia drivers which for the most part kept the game in check at 60fps with no tearing, but for some reason it wouldn't work in the menus so I set a framerate limit with Rivatuner overlay (from MSI Afterburner). Even then however the game was tearing even though my system had more power to spare, so I disabled PCSX2's framerate limiter (set it to turbo) and the tearing is completely gone now while the game speed is kept in check by the driver vsync. Any idea why this is happening? Everything seems to be working fine with my workaround but there must be some issue with the timing in PCSX2 causing it to miss vsyncs.
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6Ghz
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor @2.1GHz
(10-21-2016, 06:00 AM)Lagahan Wrote: While playing Ratchet & Clank 1 with the new mipmapping, I noticed that the built in vsync isn't very consistent. With it enabled the game was still getting tearing occasionally despite maintaining 60fps. I managed to fix it by using forced vsync from the Nvidia drivers which for the most part kept the game in check at 60fps with no tearing, but for some reason it wouldn't work in the menus so I set a framerate limit with Rivatuner overlay (from MSI Afterburner). Even then however the game was tearing even though my system had more power to spare, so I disabled PCSX2's framerate limiter (set it to turbo) and the tearing is completely gone now while the game speed is kept in check by the driver vsync. Any idea why this is happening? Everything seems to be working fine with my workaround but there must be some issue with the timing in PCSX2 causing it to miss vsyncs.

Tearing? It can't appear unless you are using Windows 7 and disabling the desktop compositor (your signature says you are using W7). At most you would get stuttering. If PCSX2 had an exclusive fullscreen setting, you would be able to see tearing without vsync. Without the desktop compositor, I've seen that some games correctly use PCSX2's vsync, and some don't. And with it, it's hard to detect anyway. You would have to check for frame drops every X seconds and make sure they aren't related to assets loading.

Using my monitor at 120Hz is a lot worse than at 60Hz. Even if 120Hz is a multiple of 60fps, things don't sync nicely. What I'm wondering is why G-Sync doesn't detect PCSX2 (neither in DX11 or OpenGL modes, even if G-Sync is enabled for windowed applications). Maybe it's the emulation window or something that prevents it? It would be great if it worked (I'm even tempted to offer money rewards for G-Sync and 3D Vision compatibility. But devs have to be interested to begin with). This also happens with Odallus: The Dark Call, a PC game that resembles old 2D Castlevanias.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR