GSdx 1.0
The issue isn't the openGL API as Nvidia is quite fast. Vulkan can give you more performance because you don't rely on drivers to optimize the API. My feeling is that AMD biggest issue is lack of multithreading, Vulkan won't provide it. Instead it will be the job to the application to provide it. So we might do it at GSdx level for all API. But itis annoying.

However AMD stated they found a speed optimization with shaders (SSO). Unfortunately we hit major driver bug when we enable the SSO extension.

I don't think it will be difficult to port the big chunk of depth emulation to dx. However you won't have all gl fixes. And potentially it could end up as slow as openGL.

Sponsored links

Well .. the improvements made on GSdx are massive even on Direct3D.

For example DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 setting crc to none I don't get any red vertical lines compared to 1.4

Next up Fifa Street. crc none again and it looks much better compared to let's say 1.4. I mean it's still broken but my guess is maybe 1 effect is not rendered correctly(maybe the same effect is connected to the outlines on dbz bt3 since they are partially rendered as well)

[Image: QSmsK0.jpg]
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
No. 1.2 got a hack that automatically drop some draw call (i.e. skipdraw = 1). I removed the hack in 1.4 for depth emulation, and it is kinds of back in 1.6.

If AMD wasn't that bad, every body would have switched to OpenGL with a much better rendering.
I tried to search, but couldn't find anything on this.  I'm getting vertical green lines on Need For Speed Most Wanted & Underground 2. Any ideas?
enable hadware depth
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I think the NFS games need the Blending Accuracy more than depth (I think depth is usually red lines?), try OpenGL with Blending Accuracy set to Basic, I think that's enough.

Failing that try the depth as jesalvein said.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Hardware depth did it.  I had to set the auto settings to 4 to get my Intel onboard chipset (HD 620) to run Most Wanted at a decent speed using OpenGL.  Interestingly enough Underground 2 is slower, even though it's older...
Well my next game on test list is Resident Evil 4

D3D testing with crc none , Wild Arms Offset hack (fixes pixel screen offsets (D3D & OpenGL))

I guess the crc values need tweaking here as well for D3D since there is no pink screen bug anymore.

[Image: VgIQXx.jpg][Image: k1EziG.jpg]
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
I would still test without hacks. Regardless of your preferences, you don't want to introduce more variables that could cause issues - especially with CRC hacks and a stable release right around the corner. Also, make sure you do a clean full boot to clear anything that could be left in the memory between testing.
(04-17-2017, 06:05 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Well my next game on test list is Resident Evil 4

D3D testing with crc none , Wild Arms Offset hack (fixes pixel screen offsets (D3D & OpenGL))

I guess the crc values need tweaking here as well for D3D since there is no pink screen bug anymore.
It's probably better to post these updates in the git CRC Hack meta issue: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1575