GSdx 1.0
No news for gsync support?

Sponsored links

Unfortunately, It's not going to happen anytime soon.
But does it need something ? Or is it due to exclusive Fullscreen insanity?
Yes, It needs exclusive Fullscreen to work properly.
(02-26-2017, 09:26 PM)CK1 Wrote: Yes, It needs exclusive Fullscreen to work properly.

No. G-Sync also works with windowed applications (I've tried many PC games and it works). Even the GOG downloader triggers G-Sync, for example. It's very easy to see if it's working because I use G-Sync and ULMB at the same time.

But for some reason, G-Sync isn't triggered by PCSX2, unless I use that DLL that I mentioned other times (this trick maybe only works on Windows 7, and it's limited to DX9 and DX11 hardware renderers), which also seems to turn PCSX2 into exclusive fullscreen when I press alt+enter.

Exclusive fullscreen would be better, though. Because in windowed mode, mouse movement affects G-Sync, at least for me. And it has less input lag, etc. Removing that DLL requirement would allow 3D Vision for everyone that uses the GSdx plugin that has 3D modes (and I would finally be able to upgrade to Windows 10).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
But with that dll pcsx2 goes crash.
because you didn't update directx using the redist
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Apologies if this isn't the right thread for this, seemed the most applicable.

So I have a Pentium AE @ 4.2ghz and a Radeon 270x. PCSX2 performance for most games is good..in Direct3D 9/11 hardware. OpenGL hardware unfortunately is another story, and from my limited research this is apparently on AMD's side due to lack of multithreading in their OpenGL driver.

The problem with the significantly faster Direct3D GSdx plugin is the known shadows issue on many titles - particularly for me in God of War, Ico and Jak and Daxter. Software + OpenGL hardware remedies this, but brutal performance even on native rendering res which I can't tolerate regardless. DX11 performance is very good, heck ICO can run at 60fps locked (with the 60fps cheat of course) at 5X native and not skip a beat. But again...no character shadows (tried hardware hack alpha/alpha stencil with no luck).

So I'm curious if anyone knows of any progress on the horizon for this - either from AMD updating their OpenGL implementation (seemingly unlikely) or the Direct3D GSdx implementation? Obviously switching to Nvidia is a 'solution' but a rather costly one atm. I've seen Git threads where people believe Vulkan support would be a magic bullet but devs have poured cold water on that, draw calls are not necessarily where the bottleneck is with AMD's GL implementation on PCSX2.
The updating of Direct3D has some hope, FlatOut has been porting OpenGL fixes to Direct3D11 slowly but surely, but yes AMD fixing OpenGL is about as likely to happen as Microsoft Windows going open source.

We might do a Vulkan API in the future to benefit AMD users, but for now it isn't a priority and will need a lot of work.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-08-2017, 08:48 PM)refraction Wrote: The updating of Direct3D has some hope, FlatOut has been porting OpenGL fixes to Direct3D11 slowly but surely, but yes AMD fixing OpenGL is about as likely to happen as Microsoft Windows going open source.

We might do a Vulkan API in the future to benefit AMD users, but for now it isn't a priority and will need a lot of work.

Noted, thanks for the update.