GSdx - "Texture Filtering"
Hey guys!
I'm calling people that use the Texture Filtering option in GSdx regularly.
The option allows disabling or forcing GS bilinear filtering with the default setting being "on demand", like on a real PS2:

[Image: ZHWhjrl.png]

If you rely on this option, could you share what you use it for? Please provide a screenshot as well as a description.
We need this information to decide on the future of this option.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Have you been hacked?............. Texture Filtering is pretty necessary for Anisotropic Filtering, I use it on all my games that are 3D based. I might turn it off for games that use pixel art since it makes everything "sharper", due to no bilinear filtering being on............ What exactly do you guys intend to do with the information anyways.... It's a necessary feature and it's fine as it is.
99.99% of the time I keep filtering forced for everything. The reason is because it's consistent and I like to control the behaviour of this. The "on demand" criteria is a bit weird. Example:

On demand:

[Image: pcsx2_2015_08_14_23_44_39_273.png]

Forced:

[Image: pcsx2_2015_08_14_23_44_50_887.png]

Sorry about the quality. Cubeupload is down so I uploaded the screenshots somewhere else, and it compressed them. Open them in a new window.

Riku and Goofy's life and magic meters are unfiltered in the top screenshot, and some elements of Sora's HUD. But the rest of HUD elements are filtered.

However, I don't know of many more cases, because I've always forced filtering for years. No filtering is a funny option to have Tongue . In my opinion, all 3 settings should be there.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
99% of the time I have forced on cause make textures look so much better, Only time I will put on box/demand mode or turn it off is it messes up the 2d text so bad is becomes unread able.

It also needs to be on for AF
those screenshots are too small to tell
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-15-2015, 01:08 AM)refraction Wrote: those screenshots are too small to tell

you need screenshot to know TF forced on make textures look better?

I can post Screen shots of TF make text unreadable, but screen shots of TF make textures look better should not be needed

TF forced portraits are nice and not jaggy, but text unreadable
TF demand portraits are jagg, but readable
TF off same as above but , texture are not sharp in which really noticeable in FF12/10 and bunch of other games

This BOF5 is example of it messing with text.

I have forced on by default unless the game i playing has text the become unreadable.
(08-15-2015, 01:13 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: you need screenshot to know TF forced on make textures look better?

No i need a screenshot to see what his argument for having it forced on all the time is, I wanted to see what brought him to that opinion as he felt it necessary to provide evidence.  

I personally use it on demand, this is after all a PS2 emulator, first and foremost we should be mimicking the PS2 behaviour, which is the "on demand" option, so this is why I use that.

FF12

Note the differences in ground textures between ON/Demand vs OFF

Note the difference of the text from forced and demand

Like said I use Forced cause image quality is increased and it rarely make things worse like in BOF5
Which is which? The middle picture makes a mess of the text shadows it looks like.

(08-15-2015, 01:51 AM)refraction Wrote: Which is which? The middle picture makes a mess of the text shadows it looks like.

the files are labled demand/foced/off 1st/2nd/3d respectively hover over them before clicking

ya TF makes "mess" not that i call it mess of shadows around text but acceptable trade off to jaggy text that happens with it off/demand only time it not acceptable is in the case of what forced does to BOF5 text