GSdx questions
What's the proper way to save a screenshot and movie in GSdx? I just installed PCSX2 0.96 tonight to try it out. Games load and run fine, but I'd like to take a few screens/recordings and can't get that to work. I know in older versions, pressing F8 took a screenshot, but that's not working in this version. I saw something about Shift + F8 in the GSdx thread, but that did nothing.

For movies, I tried the instructions in the official guide, but that didn't work either. No file was created.

Sponsored links

well F8 is to take a screenshot (make sure you have a folder named "snaps" in pcsx2's folder) and F12 is to take a video with the inbuilt video functions Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
i have the same problem my key boards F Keys and ESC are not working (tried with 4-6 diffrent key board manufactures)
lilypad plugin ( comes with pcsx2 0.9.6 binary)
but if i use diffrent game pad plugin (diffrent then lilypad plugin) the f keys and esc all are working good.
why its happen?
INTEL CORE 2QUAD 9650 @ 3Ghz,
6 Gb Ram @ 1333 Mhz,
SOUND @ 8 Channel SUB-WOOFERS,
Display @ ATI RADEON HD 3450 @ 512mb
(SOME DOWNGRADES)
were you trying to take a screenshot?
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(06-23-2009, 08:50 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: were you trying to take a screenshot?

Yes..
6 Gb Ram @ 1333 Mhz,
(SOME DOWNGRADES)
Now are you sure this is a problem with GSdx, in which your post here is entirely accurate, or a problem with LilyPad, in which your post is way of topic...? I would guess on the later.

Use the other plugin which works or use ALT+PRT SCRN to take a screenshot Windows-style of the focused window.
thanks
6 Gb Ram @ 1333 Mhz,
(SOME DOWNGRADES)
LuisR14 Wrote:well F8 is to take a screenshot (make sure you have a folder named "snaps" in pcsx2's folder) and F12 is to take a video with the inbuilt video functions Smile

Thanks for the reply. Pcsx2 installed with a "snap" folder, so now I'ved created a "snaps" also. Neither one gets filled with any screenshots when I press F8. Shift +F8 is putting a .gs file into the snaps folder though, so that's progress.

Pressing F12 brings up a "Capture settings" window, but nothing seems to be captured. If I put in a file name like "C:\Program Files\Pcsx2\test.avi" and click okay, wait a bit, then press F12 again, I just get the same window.

ferrariii Wrote:i have the same problem my key boards F Keys and ESC are not working (tried with 4-6 diffrent key board manufactures)
lilypad plugin ( comes with pcsx2 0.9.6 binary)
but if i use diffrent game pad plugin (diffrent then lilypad plugin) the f keys and esc all are working good.

I was using Lilypad, too. My Escape and F6 key did work, though. I changed the controller plug in to see if that would fix my issues, but there was no change.

Aemony Wrote:Use the other plugin which works or use ALT+PRT SCRN to take a screenshot Windows-style of the focused window.

I tried the other plugin - it does at least save the screenshots, but it also puts an ugly framerate message right on top of the game picture. For my purposes, that renders the screenshots useless. Print Screen is also an nonviable solution because sometimes I need to take screenshots pretty quickly in sequence while the game is running. GSdx also saved the screenshots as larger images when I used it in older versions, which I liked because it gave me flexibility in resizing them.
Well leave f keys @ capture and movie (game play video) use some screen recorders @ O RIPA (spelling mistake not tested yet therefore i'm confuse @ name ) it can make and save / record your movement @ mouse programs and game plays etc. save your gameplay video then use VCD CUTTER there was a CAPTURE option available use it and save image.
Well leave f keys @ capture and movie (game play video) use some screen recorders @ O RIPA (spelling mistake not tested yet therefore i'm confuse @ name ) it can make and save / record your movement @ mouse programs and game plays etc. save your gameplay video then use VCD CUTTER there was a CAPTURE option available use it and save image.
6 Gb Ram @ 1333 Mhz,
(SOME DOWNGRADES)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd really rather just get GSdx working correctly if at all possible.