GSdx
yeah DX11 hw crashes for me too, but DX10 hw works fine

Sponsored links

Check this post if you wanna try DX11 but it still shouldnt make a difference to DX10

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031-post...l#pid60714
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
just tested your new revision with my favourite gsdx game, ffx Wink

sadly the fps is still in the 33 region with the test.gs i posted. i also tested the two modified sse2 versions from google code with the game, no noticable difference in terms of speed between those two, but the textures look odd with "gather", best seen on the text, but all textures have this dithering-like effect:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Hello Gabest,

Firstly, I am sorry as I know I am posting in the wrong topic But I just want to catch your attention (as you seem to focus on this topic only Tongue & you are XPad author). Also, there's no official thread for Xpad

I am using latest XPad 0.2.0. Every game works brilliantly except one (The Warriors). In this game, the control is very weird. When you push the left analog diagonally (such as to Upper-left-corner, upper-right corner), character does not run as he should when you push left analog vertically or horizontally. In other words, when the left analog is not moved 90 degree, character walks instead of running.

According to the game's default setting, character should ONLY walk if you slightly push the left analog and running all other cases. I am sure it's a XPad bug as it does not happen when I use Lilypad (manually assigning keyboard keys). However, the game can't be played with Lilypad since there's a chapter you have to slightly push the analog to make character walk instead of running

I hope you understand what I meant as it's quite hard to explain in words and easier to try in real game. I tested with NTSC version of the game, I believe PAL version has the same problem as well

Again, sorry for the posting in wrong place
why didnt you just make a new thread called "XPad analog issue"? it would be much better than hijacking an unrelated thread.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

zero29: ah, you have this new "8-bit textures" option on! that's for reducing texture traffic between the cpu and gpu, at the cost of a slower pixel shader, ffx isn't limited by the textures, this option will only slow it down.

arsenal: now that I think about it, when the analog stick is moved diagonally neither axis is at the largest tilt, they might just be below this game's threshold, I'm not sure what number is considered to be the limit for small movements on the real thing, and whether it is logaritmic or linear.
Gabest,

One thing is even when the analog already reached the maximum limit (go as far as it can to the far upper-left-corner or upper-right-corner). Character still walks and never runs.

Also, I tested on real PS2 with PS2 controller to make sure that the game works as it should Smile

Edit: Oh, just see you edited your post. Now I understand what you meant. Hmmm, but strange while some games with similar issue like God of war works flawlessly.

Maybe the game is too sensitive to react to left analog?

Also I realised the Right Analog has the same issue Laugh
(07-22-2009, 01:49 PM)arsenal Wrote: One thing is even when the analog already reached the maximum limit (go as far as it can to the far upper-left-corner or upper-right-corner). Character still walks and never runs.

I mean at 45 degree x = xmax * cos(45), y = ymax * sin(45), x < xmax and y < ymax, but the game should interpret that correctly. Maybe xinput itself reports logarithmic values, so it's more like x = xmax * pow(cos(45), somevalue).
(07-22-2009, 01:44 PM)Gabest Wrote: zero29: ah, you have this new "8-bit textures" option on! that's for reducing texture traffic between the cpu and gpu, at the cost of a slower pixel shader, ffx isn't limited by the textures, this option will only slow it down.

i only enabled it to test your dx10.1 improvement(s) Wink i don't use it when i play the game, for that r1398 (which doesn't have this option) seems to be the fastest on my ati card. the texture dithering effect is only visible when "allow 8-bit textures" is checked, it's a bit better with the unmodified r1549 sse4.1 version:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
There is something still wrong with that, going to undo it until I can test it.

For me the fps of test.gs with the last fast revision is 41 fps, after that it dropped to 35-36, now about 40. (dx10, 8bit unchecked, native)

The funny thing is that to compensate the fps for the more complex but slower texture caching algorithm I had to speed up other parts.