GSdx
Hi

Is it possible to incorporate someday the hacks from GSDXCutie?

Because the hacks they have like SkipIso, Skip Bad Process, Skip Layers or Skip Text are useful for some games, and using some old Cutie plugins provide less FPS than using the last GSDX, or became uncompatible with time, so it would be great to have them in GSDX and would help a lot for games.

Thanks Biggrin

Sponsored links

(03-31-2014, 05:13 PM)Blondie Wrote: Hi

Is it possible to incorporate someday the hacks from GSDXCutie?

Because the hacks they have like SkipIso, Skip Bad Process, Skip Layers or Skip Text are useful for some games, and using some old Cutie plugins provide less FPS than using the last GSDX, or became uncompatible with time, so it would be great to have them in GSDX and would help a lot for games.

Thanks Biggrin
i don't think so.
gsdx cutie is an agressively modified gsdx that goes against pcsx2's main goal : accuracy.
It would be a pain to maintain, and providing support would be a nightmare.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ehr well, we've accepted some Cutie changes before Smile
As with back then, we would need the source code to see all the changes and
pick those that are useful for mainline GSdx.
Maybe Cutie devs want to collaborate using Git Wink
Yeah but I just talk about the hacks you enable and disable at will, like the skip Draw, it shouldn't be a (big) problem.
And GSDX have hacks like Agresive CRC, that should be against accuracy isn't it?
And in some games it's very useful, I saw TimeSplitters Futur Perfect run without the gltich on the bottom half of the screen with the Cutie Hacks, so it could be nice to think about it.
(04-01-2014, 08:15 AM)Blondie Wrote: Yeah but I just talk about the hacks you enable and disable at will, like the skip Draw, it shouldn't be a (big) problem.
And GSDX have hacks like Agresive CRC, that should be against accuracy isn't it?
And in some games it's very useful, I saw TimeSplitters Futur Perfect run without the gltich on the bottom half of the screen with the Cutie Hacks, so it could be nice to think about it.
As rama said, feel free to contribute on the git repository.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
My first post here will probably be a laugh... but I'm pulling my hair out over a detail that used to work fine with FFX that has decided to stop working recently, and I cannot identify any changes made between.

I have been using GSdx and PCsx2 for a couple years or so, and mostly just for FFX.

I know the IPUwait hack was implemented because videos that had 3d characters incorporated in the FMVs would glitch out and show an overlay of the last 3d frame interlaced with the video, which is misaligned. Old news.

Well, out of nowhere this exact bug has come back even though the IPUwait hack says it is functioning on my system. I've done full reinstalls of the latest SVN and the latest stable release of pcsx2, Ive tried every possible combination of settings within GSdx and nothing seems to fix it except f9. I recognize this isn't a big deal... but the game is already full of a lot of bugs players have to overlook, primarily minor text and menu corruption. This small issue used to be fixed, I cannot imagine why it has suddenly come back. I even reinstalled windows 8.1 without the latest updates but it doesn't help. The issue seemed to come around about the time the 8.1 update 1 rolled out. I had a weird glitch where the game was coming up like it had a CRT filter on it. You know, lines across the screen like old TVs do. Couldn't figure out how to get rid of it other than to reinstall pcsx2 in a different directory outside of Program Files. Since then the videos do this glitch no matter where I install PCsx2 or which version I seem to use. Please help ^_^

Edit: Well, I really have no idea why the auto game fix stopped working for me, but I found a work-around the devs have already put in among the manual game fixes: there is a checkbox for "Switch to GSdx software rendering when an FMV plays"... I should have found that hours ago. All is right in the world again. Mostly.
Hi

I'm having a problem nobody seems to have ever had
When i play Gran Turismo 3 using software mode after some time (2 to 5 hours) this error start popping up in the log:

GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled

at first its only 4 or 5 times but whenever i start a new race there is more and more until it continually fill the log with this error
after that texture start missing and shortly after pcsx2 just crash
using savestates or speedhacks seems to make it happen faster

Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate - x64 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.20GHz

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (8-8-8-21)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z87 (SOCKET 1150)

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB (Gigabyte)
(04-22-2014, 08:59 AM)TransparentBlue Wrote: Hi

I'm having a problem nobody seems to have ever had
When i play Gran Turismo 3 using software mode after some time (2 to 5 hours) this error start popping up in the log:

GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled

at first its only 4 or 5 times but whenever i start a new race there is more and more until it continually fill the log with this error
after that texture start missing and shortly after pcsx2 just crash
using savestates or speedhacks seems to make it happen faster

Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate - x64 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.20GHz

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (8-8-8-21)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z87 (SOCKET 1150)

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB (Gigabyte)

Can you try in hardware mode? For me,you can avoid this problem easily
(04-22-2014, 05:58 PM)axlffx2forever Wrote: Can you try in hardware mode? For me,you can avoid this problem easily

Hardware mode doesn't seem to have that problem but has a couple problem of his own that i wasn't able to fix (garbage graphics and freezing at the start of a race and some effect can be seen through wall) but i think i can live with that.
Still hoping that software mode for this game get fixed at some point.
Think this is the same issue as CoN, you need to apply the 4GB patch to PCSX2.exe (http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php)
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64