GSdx
(07-20-2014, 07:31 PM)refraction Wrote: The transition has probably been disabled due to it causing problems in hardware mode.

Edit: Needed to mull over this and step back to see the big picture. I thought I was going crazy but it does explain why I've seen it before but not in later versions, and that is, something broke and had to be removed to see what was up and what it kept breaking. So, as such, it was a void report on my part.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio

Sponsored links

It may get fixed one day, but for now to preserve the functionality of the game it has been disabled.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-21-2014, 01:32 AM)refraction Wrote: It may get fixed one day, but for now to preserve the functionality of the game it has been disabled.

Fair enough, I'll back off and give you time to look it over, I should probably add in more info. My apologies for lashing out Sad
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
Bug-report: Drakan - The Ancients' Gate

When using GSdx in HW-mode (native & custom) there are flickering & display-distortion problems
both with 3D-objects (trees etc) and with the 2D-objects (inventory-menu & blacksmith-menu).
The problem can be found in "pcsx2-1.2.1-r5875", and remains in "pcsx2-v1.2.1-329-g8a43789".
It wasn't present in 1.1.0.5565.
Can't pin-point the causing revision due to that the Orphis archive have removed the Google-code revisions.
As I recall, the problem emerged after r5800 (Google-code), but can't say for sure.

Edit: Located the problem to r5343.

Edit 2: Problem seems to have been fixed Smile. Maybe it was a problem with the GeForce driver.
Here are the old revs: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2svn/
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-21-2014, 02:50 PM)Bositman Wrote: Here are the old revs: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2svn/

Thanks Smile.
hey guys i have a problem with running ms saga a new dawn smoothly but there are certain parts very random where the game lags (sits still literally) before continuing on.... must see it if you dont understand what im describing ( meaning start the game and play a few minutes to an hour and you'll see what im talking about) but anything i can do to my plugin besides making it use my gpu?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB
GPU: Gigabyte RX 6900X
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB, Seagate 2TB Game Drive, Firecuda 8TB gaming Hub plus 12 other drives
Does anyone remember what revision got rid of shadows and lighting effects in SMT Nocturne? I remember the main character's shadow would render on top of the character model a long time ago, can't remember if the lighting effects were still there or not. It seems like there's a hack in place now that just gets rid of both.

Software renderer
[Image: pcsx22014-08-0221-48-0azpt.png]

Hardware renderer
[Image: pcsx22014-08-0221-48-39bdb.png]

If I disable CRCs the shadow looks how it should, but there are depth issues all over the place and the lighting effects are still gone.

[Image: pcsx22014-08-0221-48-gmy1h.png]

Any ideas? I apologize if this isn't in the correct thread/board, and I know it's not really a huge issue, since the solution is to use the software renderer, but I thought someone might have an idea of how far back to dig for a revision that may still have the shadow and lighting effects in the hardware renderer.
^I wrote that CRC hack for the main character shadow (I believe it was put in r5819). The lighting effects were never there in hardware mode. The earlier versions will look the exact same as your 3rd pic. IMO it's much better without the shadow on the MC - the overlapping shadow was a real eyesore
(08-03-2014, 05:39 AM)HTB123 Wrote: ^I wrote that CRC hack for the main character shadow (I believe it was put in r5819). The lighting effects were never there in hardware mode. The earlier versions will look the exact same as your 3rd pic. IMO it's much better without the shadow on the MC - the overlapping shadow was a real eyesore

But the shadow looks fine in the third pic, it's everything else that's the problem.

If only there was a way to keep the fixed shadow, but not the other depth issues...