GSdx
480i/60 and 480p/30, but no idea what it really does. Since it has a loader it may try to patch the code, or change those field flags, or could even include some game specific fixes.

I didn't mention in my previous post, but real interlaced games have two types.

First type renders two half height images (one of them shifted) nicely layed out in the memory next to eachother, one field is presented, the other is drawn, like normal double buffering. What you see is sawtooth effect but at full resolution if nothing moves. There is nothing you can do to make this type progressive.

The second type does not do double buffering but renders full height images at 60 fps (also shifts every second). The video-out still receives half height images though, there is a mixer circuit at the end that can automatically downscale it to the right size. It's a kind of full screen antialiasing effect, as suggested in one of the pdfs in the sdk, 2x vertical supersampling. The result is the same on screen as in the first case. The major difference is that we have full resolution images in memory and from then on the presentation settings are entirely controlled by GS. It would be possible to drop half of the frames (60->30 fps, stops shaking) and switch the video-out to progressive mode, that way downscaling would not happen because the output size it needs matches exactly the image in memory. Of course, in real life, things aren't so simple, the output mixer can be configured to position and alpha-blend two image sources (or one image and a color value) on screen in many ways. This trick needs to be carefully carried out to be successful, and only works for the games that run in this mode.

Sponsored links

Hello again, thank you! Smile

Ok.

The HDTV Xploder program says it has about 90 percent compatibility. I have ordered it now that it sounds like PCSX2 cannot be made to be progressive, and I will try running it with PCSX2. I will write and let you know if it seems to halve the frame rate or if it works by some other method, if it would helpful to you to know this.

So if a method similar to HDTV Xploder were viable for emulation, it would be implemented in the core program rather than through a graphics plug-in?
Topic Start Wrote:Note 2: SSE4 is supported ONLY by the Intel Core 2 Duo Penryn series, meaning the E7xxx, E8xxx models for dual cores and the Q9xxx models for quad cores.

Hmm... I wonder, I have the new intel i7 920 quad core processor... Is it supported by SSE4?
Wow, it has SSE 4.2, wanna post some benchmarks? Tongue Software rendering in complex games like shadow of the colossus, nfs, gt4, okami, any that still runs around 10 fps.
yes alundra, please post some benchies. i too am getting an i7 in my next build in march. i wonder how well the software renderer scales across multiple threads.
Some particles in GOW 1&2 are miss some are renders incorrectly* you can see the square or other texure form around each of particle*
and this greenness in Gow2
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja
(02-02-2009, 07:54 PM)adrian-ex Wrote: hi guys,

@Gabest: I have problems with Devil may Cry 3 SE [NTSC/USA], I have artifacts in the screen like foggy or blend screen i dont know how i can fix it i tried many versions but same prob what to do?

sorry for my bad english

Adrian

seems Kingdom Hearts 2 has the same issue, or at least it sounds it to me. don't think there's a fix on the plugin for it right now.
Mr. Gabest, is it's not very hard - please, add "16:10" to aspect ratio list. It will be very useful in fullscreen mode for FullHD and HD-ready monitors with resolution like 1650x1080, 1920x1200, etc.
My project: WPF Manga Reader
What's signature, dude? Huh
In stretch mode you'll get exactly 16:10, am I wrong?
is the gt4 issue known yet? is it a big one, or is it fixable, because it seems it is gsdx issue?

the games runs almost fine without good hardware, too bad half of the game is blocked because of that, including the precious licences.

btw great job thx a lot for your work.