GSdx
^Depends what you mean by "normal" if you used binary/portable version then nothing changed for you. But if you had an installation one and use now anything above r4855 then there will be a change.

Sponsored links

(08-25-2011, 06:54 PM)miseru99 Wrote: ^Depends what you mean by "normal" if you used binary/portable version then nothing changed for you. But if you had an installation one and use now anything above r4855 then there will be a change.

if you mean by binary/portable is build boot then yes
I know that is just a hackfix, and as being customized for like 2 games it cannot go to SVN, but I cleaned the code a bit and if anyone wants to build a custom GSdx for himself to add most previously deleted postprocessing effects in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2&3(yeah I made it for both of those games) here's a patch:

.7z   BT2&BT3 postprocessing hackFIX r4878.7z (Size: 1,13 KB / Downloads: 362)
(I guess I cannot post custom build, but patch is ok? - I hope)

It restores most post processing effects(not all as the flashing couldn't be fixed like that;C), with one known glitch - in BT3 NTSC version outline(or at least I think it's outline's fault) causes some bad effects over the terrain in second map(I mean the map that loads after planet destruction). Dunno about BT2 NTSC couse I couldn't find anyone to test that for me;P. Also using savestate after changing plugin to this one can leave left/top line blur from previous screen, but shouldn't happen normally, and will never happen in native mode as a customized offset hack is used only for scalling here.
If anyone is unable to build it on it's own and really want to play with some flashy postprocessing effects I'll probably post it somewhere else too. Anyway it rises requirements for GPU a bit, soo if the game is lagging with official fixes already on your hardware, don't bother trying, unless for screenshots. O.o

Thanks for reading / have fun. And sorry this hackfix is too clumsy to get anywhere more than yet another useless custom build.Tongue

Thanks to Shadow Lady and Rama for some knowledge without which I would fail doing that. >.>

Edit: nearly forgot: this SHOULD work also in Jap versions, but untested, also if your game version is unsupported yet, it'll still work, just require skipdraw at 5 to kill the flashing.
Nice one miseru;

Now hackfix the later Irem games. Tongue
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
*hides* >.> hehe that fix is mainly using existing code - basically an offsethack put in wrong place and set to work only on some surfaces which needed it, couse applied normally it was breaking other stuff and soo is skipped completely in svn:c. What is Irem anyway? Wait, I don't wanna know;P... wasted last weekend to make this one.:C
Well, frankly, it's a company that employs a graphics engine that is just a tad bit hacky and whacky.

It's probably for the best, because I bet Shadow Lady is close to cracking the engine anyways once she ends her hiatus from the games. Already has a fix to remove the huge slowdowns, and a separate one to remove all the graphical garbage - trick is to get them working together.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Ah lols I thought it's a game titleTongue. Don't have any of their games, through remember "R-type" from automats.

Shadow Lady will be the one that hackfix the world after 2012. Tongue
Hey you guys and ladies.
I just upgraded my graphics card and would like to share my unexpected experience.

Old card was:
GTX 285
691 nhz core
1566 mhz shader
1296 mhz GDDR2 memory

New card is:
GTX 460
900 mhz core
1800 mhz shader
1030 mhz GDDR5 memory

The new card being so overclocked and gddr5, much outperforms the old card in any test or pc game.
PCSX2 performs about 10 fps worse D :

No complaints, but anyone have a particular explanation ?
no idea Laugh did you update your drivers? it could be simply due to the lower memory clock speed.

btw the 285 has GDDR3 memory ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

GTX 285 has a higher memory bandwidth which GSdx takes advantage of (it's around 40% higher), GTX 460 is more effective with shaders and most PC games will prefer that (while GSdx doesn't really use much).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64