GSdx
I was fairly surprised when, i got a reply from gabest about the opencl renderer feature in pcsx2.
  • Gabest's exact words are:

Quote:It's a mix of software and hardware rendering, every feature of the GS can be done and runs on the video card.

Nvidia only supports opencl 1.1 (they prefer cuda) and 2.0 will have some nice things I want to use to speed the rendering up quite a bit. Every one of those already exists in cuda, but I don't have a high-end nvidia card currently, just replaced my old geforce 460 with a r9 270x. Sadly, that amd card turned out to be one of the last cards not having opencl 2.0 support in the new radeon drivers, but I still hope they can making it work in the future. Otherwise I'm stuck for another year or more, until I can upgrade again.

Anyway, with opencl it may be possible to make a renderer that is faster than the software mode (even on i7 cpus) and also add extras like multi sample rendering as a form of anti-aliasing, that's my goal in the end.

to simplify the statement, the opencl renderer is gonna be aimed to be a faster software mode with features like multisample rendering as form of anti-aliasing.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

So I was right in my guess. And good job at getting a reply from him, +1 for asking.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Wanted to report 2 GSdx bugs.

Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 4: Space Harrier
-Only works well with software renderer. Which is a pity since the game would look amazing upscaled (you get glimpses of what 'could be' as the game occasionally flickers an image here and there).

Basically the screen is nada with occasional graphics appearing here and there. Hoping that someone out there can find a fix for this in a future version.

The other bug...
Twisted Metal Head-on Extra twisted edition.

A classic shadow bug where the shadow is glitchy and distorted. Tried several work arounds suggested for other programs but no results.

I've noticed over time that other games with shadow issues get the occasional in-game fix in future revisions. Hoping this one as well will eventually be addressed since this game would look great was it not for this awful bug.

I am using a 4790k with a 970 4g gaming MSI gpu and windows 8.1 and the newest builds of pcsx2 since Sept 2014 though the present Dec.

P.S. Excuse the noobishness of my report. I tried to follow the instructions to the best of my ability and ended up here based on the various disclaimers. If this should be posted elsewhere, lemme know. Cheers!

IN SUMMARY: Fix Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 4: Space Harrier so proper hardware upscaling can be performed + fix shadows problem with Twisted Metal :-)
You already made that exact report a few pages back. Please don't make another one.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'm having a problem with running opengl on certain games causing my graphics driver to crash, should I post details here or create a thread in the plugin section.
(02-08-2013, 11:44 AM)KrossX Wrote: So, I finished Xenosaga Ep1 and some texture edge bug was annoying me, but meh. I started playing Episode 2 and finally made a GS snap to mess around with. Found a thread about it (oddly enough with a shot at the same place I took it) HERE. Gs snap HERE.

[Image: gsdx_20120425015236.jpg]
(using that thread's image while at it, cuz I'm lazy Tongue )

I've traced it to tfx.fx:244, but I'm too sleepy to do anything about it. The d3d9 part is fine as it doesn't show the issue. The line doesn't seem to have been touched in the... googlecode history, the other wrapps have seen a fix or two though.

Code:
uv = (float4)(((int4)(uv * WH.xyxy) & MskFix.xyxy) | MskFix.zwzw) / WH.xyxy; // <<<<<<<====== EVIL!!

Code:
float4 wrapuv(float4 uv)
{
    if(PS_WMS == PS_WMT)
    {
/*
        if(PS_WMS == 0)
        {
            uv = frac(uv);
        }
        else if(PS_WMS == 1)
        {
            uv = saturate(uv);
        }
        else
*/
        if(PS_WMS == 2)
        {
            uv = clamp(uv, MinMax.xyxy, MinMax.zwzw);
        }
        else if(PS_WMS == 3)
        {
            #if SHADER_MODEL >= 0x400
            uv = (float4)(((int4)(uv * WH.xyxy) & MskFix.xyxy) | MskFix.zwzw) / WH.xyxy; // <<<<<<<====== EVIL!!
            #elif SHADER_MODEL <= 0x300
            uv.x = tex1D(UMSKFIX, uv.x);
            uv.y = tex1D(VMSKFIX, uv.y);
            uv.z = tex1D(UMSKFIX, uv.z);
            uv.w = tex1D(VMSKFIX, uv.w);
            #endif
        }
    }
    else

#EDIT: Perhaps it's a Radeon thing? If someone with an nVIDIA could check the gs_snap, that would be nice.

#EDIT2: Hackzoring... Screenshot

Code:
uv = (float4)(((int4)(uv * WH.xyxy) & MskFix.xyxy) | MskFix.zwzw) / WH.xyxy;
uv.w = uv.y;

There, evil edge lines are gone. Side effect, there's no filtering in that direction now. Biggrin

#EDIT3: Hackzoring 2... Screenshot

Code:
uv.yw += -1.0f / WH.y;
uv = (float4)(((int4)(uv * WH.xyxy) & MskFix.xyxy) | MskFix.zwzw) / WH.xyxy;

This one works nicely. Smile

newbie disclaimer. how do you apply these codes to Pcsx. every search leads me to tutorials for like codebreakers n the such. Ive downloaded patches and the .dll file, but i have no clue what to do with them. I even found this huge code from github, but it also didnt provide any instructions on how to apply it.
(12-24-2014, 10:14 AM)sleepnot Wrote: newbie disclaimer. how do you apply these codes to Pcsx. every search leads me to tutorials for like codebreakers n the such. Ive downloaded patches and the .dll file, but i have no clue what to do with them. I even found this huge code from github, but it also didnt provide any instructions on how to apply it.

The stuff in your quoted post in source code stuff. You need to install visual studio, edit the source with those changes, and then compile GSdx.
(12-24-2014, 08:21 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The stuff in your quoted post in source code stuff. You need to install visual studio, edit the source with those changes, and then compile GSdx.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Actually i found that in this very post a few page ahead.
(12-23-2014, 11:22 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You already made that exact report a few pages back. Please don't make another one.

My apologies. I thought I somehow deleted my original post. Didn't realize it was buried. I'm a newbie to this forum and not a very savvy forum type person in general. Again, sorry.lol
It's alright, stuff happens. Just please don't do it again.

Anyhow, I think rama responded to your original post a bit.