GT3 crashes and is not playable with pcsx2 9.7
I have NTSC version of Gran Turismo 3 and I only can watch its first demo and go to menu.
But when I go to race, the game crashes and its not playable. So what should I do? Why its not playable and in the compatibilty section it is mentioned playable?
Fatal frame 2 run very slow. My system is not weak and I can emulate Resident Evil Code Veronica X and Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 with PCSX2 9.7 but what should I do to run Fatal Frame 2 perfectly?

Please help me. Sad

Sponsored links

Put GSDX in to Software mode for GT3. that doesnt crash Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

GT3 on the database IN 0.9.7 list it as playable?

(I don't have GT3, and I don't have the means to check here)
Try enabling the "native" option in GSdx.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
'Use 8-bit textures' on GSdx helps greatly to GT3 in the crashes department and will allow some extra speed, as does lower resolution (I can use 2x on my system with quite rare crashes).

The same tip also applies to Tourist Trophy. GT4 is more stable, but still benefits from 8-bit textures.
(02-11-2011, 07:29 PM)refraction Wrote: Put GSDX in to Software mode for GT3. that doesnt crash Tongue

I tried that and it did not crash but its graphics level reduced to GT2 level. Now what should I do? If it cant play in high graphics so its not completely playable and that compatibility list must change from "playable" to "playable in low graphics" or "in-game". Glare
I tested all solutions but my problem is still exist and I think I have to wait for next release of PCSX2 or wait for stronger computers to run this game perfectly. Thank u all.
Quote:I tried that and it did not crash but its graphics level reduced to GT2 level.

no. This is the PS2 graphics level. But when played on CRT TV, you don't realize that the native resolution is so low.

Quote:If it cant play in high graphics so its not completely playable and that compatibility list must change from "playable" to "playable in low graphics" or "in-game"

You obviously have no idea of what "playable "means in the compatibility list.
It means that pcsx2 can play it from beginning to end with no crashes.

Playing it with what you call "high graphics" is gsdx relevant, which doesn't affect pcsx2's compatibility.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-13-2011, 05:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: no. This is the PS2 graphics level. But when played on CRT TV, you don't realize that the native resolution is so low.

You obviously have no idea of what "playable "means in the compatibility list.
It means that pcsx2 can play it from beginning to end with no crashes.

Playing it with what you call "high graphics" is gsdx relevant, which doesn't affect pcsx2's compatibility.

So because of its huge crashes, its not playable. I hope u understood. ok?
I think you don't get it.

those crashes occur when you are using your GPU's acceleration.
If you run it with pcsx2 ONLY (software mode), it doesn't crash.
The compatibility list is related to pcsx2, not to 3rd party plugins in certain modes.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go