GT4 Slow FPS but EE, GS, and VU arent maxed out
i have an Athlon x4 860k with Two R9 270x's in crossfire X and a profile for PCSX2 in the AMD catalysts control center. but i still get 30-40 FPS some time even when the EE,GS, and VU arent maxed out. im using PCSX2 1.2.1. and i have tried all the presets and Direct 3d11 Software and hardware. ive set it to native. ive done everyting but still it dipps into the 40-30s in races. Please Help.

Sponsored links

care to post the emulog.txt after you tried to run the game ?
ans please post screenshots of all your settings
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
This is the settings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tried disabling AMD cool n quiet ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
When you're racing, can you take a look at CPU-z to see the clockrate of your CPU? Can you also open up task manager and see what percentage your CPU is at when it's dipping hard?

Also, crossfire/sli does not benefit PCSX2, disable it or tell PCSX2 to only use one GPU, it might affect the game/emulation.

Test in Hardware mode with native ticked ticked/checked.
3700MHz and the percentage is about 30-70%

i also set the emulators priority to high.
It could honestly be because your CPU isn't strong enough to run the game. http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm Download and run Performance Test 8.0, make sure most/all programs are closed before doing so, come back with your "Single Threaded Performance" it'll help us know if it's too weak.
here are all my Specs
CPU: Athlon x4 860K @3700Mhz -4000Mhz boost Quad Core (2 logical)
GPUs: Two R9 270x's
RAM: 16 Gigs of Crucial Ballistics Sport in Quad Channel mode
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-FAA88XM-D3H

are you sure because it is the best CPU for this Socket.

also i cam pkay Ace Combat Z with no slow downs and when it does slow its because the EE maxes out.
1573 is the Single tread and the over all is 5592
1573 is pretty high, won't lie, but it may not be enough for the game. Blyss known more about STP performance and what it indicates. Gran Turismo 4 is a very demanding game.

Can you try a time trial race by yourself? Will it still dip then?