GT4 Tsukuba crash
I have GT4 working "mostly fine" using tips from users who claim 100% working.

However, I've found it's more like 98%. The Tsukuba (and potentially others I haven't found) track won't load. It just crashes. For example, this is the track used on the 5th B-License test, so it's not like I can just skip that track and go on my merry way.

I've seen on Google that others have had this problem, but some say they specifically have Tsukuba working. Sadly, nobody says how they did it.

Any tips from anyone?

I'm running GT4 NTSC on a Core i5 4670/Radeon 6850 system and latest windows PCSX2 (1.2.1) and latest gsdx 0.1.16.

Sponsored links

(02-22-2014, 09:47 PM)aelfwyne Wrote: I have GT4 working "mostly fine" using tips from users who claim 100% working.

However, I've found it's more like 98%. The Tsukuba (and potentially others I haven't found) track won't load. It just crashes. For example, this is the track used on the 5th B-License test, so it's not like I can just skip that track and go on my merry way.

I've seen on Google that others have had this problem, but some say they specifically have Tsukuba working. Sadly, nobody says how they did it.

Any tips from anyone?

I'm running GT4 NTSC on a Core i5 4670/Radeon 6850 system and latest windows PCSX2 (1.2.1) and latest gsdx 0.1.16.

Please post the emulog.txt AFTER it crashes(you'll find it in mydocsx\pcsx2\logs or in pcsx2 root folder\logs)
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Are you sure its the track that crashes or just the license tests? Does it work in other game modes e.g. training?
Some tests just crash on load for some reason, has nothing to do with the track. If i remember correctly changing the Clamping Modes on EE/VUs to None or switching EE to interpreter before loading and back to recompiler after the track is loaded should fix that.
I believe there is a compromise issue with GT4.

1: Have the clamping turned on full and it fixes the text and menus.
2: Have the clamping on "normal" or "none" and have spikey menus and missing text but some of the license tests/tracks dont crash.

so you might want to turn off the automatic game fixes while you do them tracks then turn it back on after.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-23-2014, 01:53 AM)refraction Wrote: I believe there is a compromise issue with GT4.

1: Have the clamping turned on full and it fixes the text and menus.
2: Have the clamping on "normal" or "none" and have spikey menus and missing text but some of the license tests/tracks dont crash.

so you might want to turn off the automatic game fixes while you do them tracks then turn it back on after.

Yep that is exactly what happens.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Thanks, I'll try these tips.

EDIT: It worked, thanks. Not sure what "Spikey menus" are, but with clamping set to "normal" or "none" menus seem the same to me. I get the occasional blurry one, but nothing worth writing home about.