Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTA 4 EFLC ATI Black Screen Crash
I am wondering if anyone has the same problem as me. After 5-10 mins in game, the screen just goes black and the rig freezes. I digged round the net and I noticed this was a common ATI bug, for 4xxx and 5xxx cards. It may, however, work with older drivers/older cards (10.3 doesn't do the job/I don't know for 3xxx series ). So anyone with an ATI card, be warned before deciding to buy EFLC!
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.

Sponsored links

I too am having issues with GTA4 and the EFLC. My Rig:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.1GHz
Asus M3A78
Corsair XMS2 CM2X2048 (x2, total ram = 4gb)
HIS H467QS1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card
Win7 Enterprise 64-bit

Game crashes to desktop with an error message of "EFLC has stopped working" or "Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City has stopped working"

On Friday, i did a fresh brand new reinstall of windows 7 and the ati 10.3 drivers and the game still crashes
No way Hose! Try rolling back the drivers to 10.2 and further (9.12 reportedly work). Though, with these driver versions, the already skanky framerate will be even lower. Still, as I see you have the processor at 3.1Ghz, you may be able to 'muscle up' a few frames more (hopefully enough to be able to play normally).
I will be waiting for the driver update, I can't stand bad framerate.
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.
I am having exactly the same problem: 5-7 minutes into the game, it crashes at a random point. My graphics card is ATI Radeon 4870. Installing the 10.4 driver has made things slightly better (before the game crashed within a couple of minutes), but it's still unplayable unless one exhibits distinct masochistic tendencies. Has anyone found a solution?
Sometimes about solving black screen problem, perhaps you can try to edit fixed screen res.in file "game.ini" or similar than that. Then save that file to read only status. Or you can try to set fixed res. In ATI CCC panel to be limited with your monitor can handle it.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.