GTA LCS frameskip and speedhacks-big graphical bugs
I don't know if this is bug report but i only ask (i don't now where to write this post) can you look to frameskip and speedhacks combination because in GTA LCS when I turn frameskip on and speedhacks off it be slow when i turn speeedhacks on and frameskip off it be slow,too,when i turn both on it have normal speed but it have big graphical bugs.So I am asking can you look at it and try to fix it if it be possible?Sorry for my bad English I am Slovak,and sorry if this isn't be Bug Report but I don't know where to write it,Thank you for your understanding. Smile

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-27-2013, 06:12 PM)claude13112001 Wrote: I don't know if this is bug report but i only ask (i don't now where to write this post) can you look to frameskip and speedhacks combination because in GTA LCS when I turn frameskip on and speedhacks off it be slow when i turn speeedhacks on and frameskip off it be slow,too,when i turn both on it have normal speed but it have big graphical bugs.So I am asking can you look at it and try to fix it if it be possible?Sorry for my bad English I am Slovak,and sorry if this isn't be Bug Report but I don't know where to write it,Thank you for your understanding. Smile

It's pretty normal for there to be graphical bugs when turning frameskipping on. This is because the PS2 architecture makes precise frameskipping impossible.

However, in order to know why it runs slow in the first place we need to know your specifications as jesalvein suggested.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
When I played this game on pcsx2 v1.0.0, I didn't change Frame Skipping but changed Speedhacks.
EE Cyclerate:2
VU Cycle Stealing:1
Others:defaults

And from my memo.
When bottom of the screen is dark, check Native in GPU plugin setting.
When sniper rifle view site is not display, use software mode. (Press F9, toggle the software/hardware mode)
My PC Specs:Intel® Pentium® CPU G860 @ 3.00 Ghz 3.00Ghz
32-bit
4,00 GB Ram (3,20 GB applicable)

PCSX2 versionTongueCSX2 5752

Non-default settings: speedhacks: EE cycles 3
VJ cycle stealing 2
Enable INTC Spin detection
Enable Wait Loop detection
mVU Flag Hack
Frameskipping:Constant skipping,Frames to draw 2,Frames to skip 2

Games:All my games are ISOs and I trying to play: Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex,Crash Twinsanity,GTA VCS and GTA LCS

When I set frameskipping and VJ cycle stealing 1 it have big graphical bugs,when i set EE cycles on 1,2,3 and VJ cycle stealing to 0 it not have graphical bugs but it be too slow,without frameskiping it be slow too and when i set EE cycles 3,VJ cycle stealing 2 and frameskipping it have normal speed but big graphical bugs.And therefore I ask you whether you have it or at least if you can look at that if it can be fixed,Thanks.
(10-28-2013, 02:48 PM)claude13112001 Wrote: My PC Specs:Intel® Pentium® CPU G860 @ 3.00 Ghz 3.00Ghz
32-bit
4,00 GB Ram (3,20 GB applicable)

PCSX2 versionTongueCSX2 5752

Non-default settings: speedhacks: EE cycles 3
VJ cycle stealing 2
Enable INTC Spin detection
Enable Wait Loop detection
mVU Flag Hack
Frameskipping:Constant skipping,Frames to draw 2,Frames to skip 2

Games:All my games are ISOs and I trying to play: Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex,Crash Twinsanity,GTA VCS and GTA LCS

When I set frameskipping and VJ cycle stealing 1 it have big graphical bugs,when i set EE cycles on 1,2,3 and VJ cycle stealing to 0 it not have graphical bugs but it be too slow,without frameskiping it be slow too and when i set EE cycles 3,VJ cycle stealing 2 and frameskipping it have normal speed but big graphical bugs.And therefore I ask you whether you have it or at least if you can look at that if it can be fixed,Thanks.

As I said before it is normal for there to be graphical bugs with all those hacks enabled. Especially vu stealing and ESPECIALLY frameskipping.

There is really not much that can be done about it. The PCSX2 team has done the best they can in making "hacks" to make things faster. But they are just that - hacks. They will make things break, behave strangely, or look funny sometimes.

For the record, of those games I only own Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex and it can get pretty intense on the CPU. My CPU is more than twice as fast as yours and there are a few areas where I can only JUST maintain full speed.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
GTA LCS requires a hefty PC to run at full speed.
As BLyss said, speedhacks (especially ee cycle rate & VU cycle stealing) are likely to cause glitches.
your solutions :
1 - bear with the slowness and deactivate Vu cycle stealing
2 - get a better PC
3 - play it on your PS2 if you can't do 1 or 2
1 - I never bear with the slowness and deactivate Vu cycle stealing because it is my favourite game and i want to play it at full speed.And I almost had it already at full speed but uncomfortable with speedhacks and frameskip probably can not be repaired: (
2 - get a better PC-i can't i don't have money
3 - play it on your PS2 if you can't do 1 or 2-My PS2 is broken and i don't have money and time to repair it.
(10-28-2013, 03:50 PM)claude13112001 Wrote: 1 - I never bear with the slowness and deactivate Vu cycle stealing because it is my favourite game and i want to play it at full speed.And I almost had it already at full speed but uncomfortable with speedhacks and frameskip probably can not be repaired: (
2 - get a better PC-i can't i don't have money
3 - play it on your PS2 if you can't do 1 or 2-My PS2 is broken and i don't have money and time to repair it.

then you're screwed.
sorry for you, but there's no other way
Can you at least look at it if VJ cycle stealing can be fixed or can be maked some speedhacks which can speed up emulation like VJ cycle stealing but don't have any other bad effects?