GTA San Andreas has slight input delay
PCSX2 version: 1.0.0 (r5350)
controller plugin: lilypad svn (r5282) 0.11.0
no speedhacks
GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16.00, AVX) 0.1.16

With GTA San Andreas, there seems to be some lag between pressing a key and action taking place, regardless of if I am using a wired gamepad or keyboard. This problem doesn't occur in GTA3 or Vice City, or any other PS2 game for that matter.

Sponsored links

Why emulate San Andreas?
Buy the PC version, then you can get some sweet mods as well.
It's only like $10 USD.
(10-13-2013, 08:05 AM)Solar12 Wrote: Why emulate San Andreas?
Buy the PC version, then you can get some sweet mods as well.
It's only like $10 USD.

why registering if you are useless. ?
this is a forum about emulation. If what you wanna say is less beautiful than silence itself, just shut up.
thanks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I don't think San Andeas runs very well in PCSX2. I'm not even sure if it's completable.

On the negative side, while GTA: SA on PC is generally much better, there are rendering problems with some videocard/driver combinations.

edit:
Input lag is usually a sign of low framerates.
(10-13-2013, 09:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: why registering if you are useless. ?
this is a forum about emulation. If what you wanna say is less beautiful than silence itself, just shut up.
thanks
All I said was it would most likely run better, you know, it being the PC version and all.

Maybe he wasn't aware there was a PC version.
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade..
(10-13-2013, 11:26 AM)Solar12 Wrote: All I said was it would most likely run better, you know, it being the PC version and all.

Maybe he wasn't aware there was a PC version.
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade..

sure.
but since he/she owns his PS2 game, why would he buy the game another time ?
moreover, as I said, this is an emulation forum.
If you want to start off-topic chats, just post in the off topic section.
thanks.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
jesalvein is correct. Solar12, if you are going to sidestep the issue rather than give an actual answer, you have NO BUSINESS even posting in this thread. ZERO. NONE.

IRT Ambient_Malice:

I'm not getting low framerates. My PC is emulating it at full speed, with no speedhacks whatsoever.
Is it emulating at full speed with room to spare? Or just barely at full speed? Here is why I ask:

Amplitude
FX6300 @ 4.1ghz
8gb ram
Geforce GT 610
Native resolution
100% speed, gpu usage at or near 100%
Button lag of an unpredictable nature. Maybe 200ms one press, 1000ms the next, etc

Same setup, except Radeon 7870 @1300,1300, 3x resolution
Flawlessly playable.

I guess in the former case, since it was just barely at full speed it was having slowdown parsing the button input? That would make sense if the slowdown was CPU side... but in my case it was GPU. I dunno. Still, I do know that the GPU made the difference. Either way that's what I would check first, what is your CPU usage(yes I know I said mine was GPU, but it's what gave me the idea here) max on any given core?

I'm assuming it's JUST san andreas that has the lag right? I don't have it to test anything myself.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
When I turn the frame limiter off, the game runs at more than twice the normal speed.

So yeah, I have LOTS of room to spare. And it should come as no surprise. I'm using a pc that I built a few months ago.
(10-12-2013, 04:27 PM)Makatak Wrote: PCSX2 version: 1.0.0 (r5350)
controller plugin: lilypad svn (r5282) 0.11.0
no speedhacks
GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16.00, AVX) 0.1.16

With GTA San Andreas, there seems to be some lag between pressing a key and action taking place, regardless of if I am using a wired gamepad or keyboard. This problem doesn't occur in GTA3 or Vice City, or any other PS2 game for that matter.

I think I found the solution. If you go to the emulation tab and turn "maximum frame latency" to 1 instead of 2. That fixed it for me.