Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTX560 low fps
i don't have internet at home so I cant really search around
ill +rep and whatnot, whatever this website does.
sorry if this is the wrong section but I have to hurry Sad

PC specs
Phenom II x4 965 3.80ghz
2gb ddr3 RAM
nvidia GTX560 (overclocking gets no performance boost) updated drivers about 3 weeks ago.

settings
Dx11
x4 native res
(I forget the filter, but its not the one that cuts my fps in half)
sound is pretty much highest settings

I get 60fps playing Dark Cloud and as low as 47 when looking at a full town/village

how can I fix this??

Sponsored links

What do the EE and GS percentages on the top of the window display when you get the slowdowns? Any speed hacks on?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
you should try lowering internal res.
did you happen to enable vsync ? if so, disable it. Allow 8-bit textures too.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(01-04-2012, 12:58 AM)Wolfdawg Wrote: nvidia GTX560 (overclocking gets no performance boost)

Have you tried lowering the internal res?
If that shows no gain, then neither will OCing your GPU (because it's not the bottleneck).

(01-04-2012, 12:58 AM)Wolfdawg Wrote: (I forget the filter, but its not the one that cuts my fps in half)

It seems a common misconception, but that 1/2 fps doesn't mean it will half the potential framerate. It means you'll lose about half of a frame per second. Wink

(01-04-2012, 12:58 AM)Wolfdawg Wrote: I get 60fps playing Dark Cloud and as low as 47 when looking at a full town/village

how can I fix this??

Providing your GPU is strong enough for your chosen internal resolution, I'd bet you just need some Speedhacks. Even just enabling the [Recommended] ones may do the trick. But if you start moving the EE Cyclerate and/or VU Cycle Stealing over a few notches and still aren't getting anywhere; I'd say something is wrong (because that game can run good on a 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo).

Additionally, you can head over to the main site, and grab yourself a recent SVN. It will include another "Speedhack" called MTVU, which definitely showed improvements with this game for me. Smile
*cough* processor bottle neck is a bottleneck
your gpu is probably not a problem
[Image: 8rg00e-4.png]
GPU is more than ample for this game. Whats the EE% as asked? MTVU Hack will definetly show improvements. Also, try to change the Power Plan to High Performance and use some speedhacks. You will be OK with that.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Sorry I forgot to mention the things you asked for
ill get the info when I get home today and post them tomorrow.

I haven't been using speed hacks and I will make sure v-snyc is off and 8bit textures are on.

I also forgot to mention that my GPU usage is a 47%. ill try the power plan with nvidia control panel
(I know PCSX2 doesn't use sse3 or 4 and only uses 2 cores)
I can OC it too 4.0ghz with the stock heat sink if its bottle necking
lol it seems all the games I have only use about 2 cores because I set up a log and my cpu usage never goes over 50% for COD4 and Oblivion

*edit*
balanced presets keep me above 60fps but at maximum around 72 when I want to turbo. I hope I keep 60fps in the sims 2 and dragon quest.

where do I turn vsnyc off?

the ee and gs go down to like 50% or something idr