Galaxy Angel - glitched text/boxes
Below images are what's happening. Appears on some menus, boxes and text. Screenshots below.

Some boxes, like the main text box, are totally fine. Tried the latest Git and a 2014 build, speedhacks are off, pretty much every setting I can think of is default, software mode made no difference, different hardware modes made no difference, none of the hardware mode hacks made any difference from what I tried.

Beyond that I don't know what else to try, any suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

If software mode on Direct x and open gl made no difference then there is something in the code causing it. Are you using a japanese bios? Cause using a bios from a different region can cause issues. A good example is Love Hina, On a usa bios its 20-25fps, and on a jap bios its full speed. So you may just be out of luck. My suggestion would be to put OPL or HD loader on your ps2 and run it from actual hardware.

You could also try messing with the TC offsets to see if changing them adjusts the textures in a more correct way.
(11-23-2016, 09:15 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: If software mode on Direct x and open gl made no difference then there is something in the code causing it. Are you using a japanese bios? Cause using a bios from a different region can cause issues. A good example is Love Hina, On a usa bios its 20-25fps, and on a jap bios its full speed. So you may just be out of luck. My suggestion would be to put OPL or HD loader on your ps2 and run it from actual hardware.

You could also try messing with the TC offsets to see if changing them adjusts the textures in a more correct way.

Thanks for the reply! I just tried both of those and neither made a difference. Changing TC values seemed to move the entire screen around a little, but didn't touch the glitchiness. The game's perfectly playable so far, I was just wondering if there was much left to try.
I'm out of ideas, Maybe dev's will have a better idea then me. Try messing with the EE,VU compiler settings, The first two areas of settings in emulation settings. dunno if you touched those but maybe?
(11-24-2016, 12:27 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: I'm out of ideas, Maybe dev's will have a better idea then me. Try messing with the EE,VU compiler settings, The first two areas of settings in emulation settings. dunno if you touched those but maybe?

I did try playing around with a few, but there wasn't any effect. Though I'm not sure if you actually have to restart the emulator for those to take effect.
I don't think so. rouge galaxy fixes during emulation changes