Game Crashing after intro cutscene
hello everyone.

I am new to this forum site, but not new to using pcsx2, and i'm usually pretty good at solving most issues that come up with the emulator
this particular issue however has me stumped.

I just downloaded a new game to play today that I played when I was a kid
the game is called jimmy neutron boy genius.
I encountered no problems with the download, and was even able to load the game without an issue
however, when the intro cutscene finishes, the emulator crashes instead of going to the main menu
if I press the start button to skip the cutscene , it also crashes.
I encountered no errors when downloading the iso file, and was able to start the game without any issues up until the cutscene.
I tried running the game in both hardware and software mode for direct3d11 and direct3d9. this did not solve the issue
I did not try changing the audio plugin, as I don't believe that the soundcard would cause a video sequence to crash, but i could be wrong

my computer is an MSI desktop computer running windows 10 x64 bit operating system, an intel core i7-6700k 4.01Ghz processor, 16 Gb of ram,
system model MS-B90511, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card running directX 12, screen size 1920 x 1080, E321VL-4 (NVIDIA high definition audio).

so i should be well above the minimum spec requirements to run the game.

i pulled up the console to record the error code when the crash occurs and i get two error codes:

(EE pc:0029118c) TLB Miss, addr=0x8 [load]
(EE pc:0029118c) TLB miss, addr=0xc [load]

i also tried skipping the cutscene with start. the first time i did this i got this error code:

the second time i tried to skip it, it returned two codes:

(EE pc:0029118c) TLB miss, addr=0xc [load]

and the third time i tried skipping it, it only returned the first error code.
i'm not sure what's causing the crash but this is the error message that pops up when the crash occurs:

pcsx2.exe has stopped working

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

if anyone knows how to fix this issue, it would be much appreciated.

also, if you need any additional information from me, please let me know and i'll respond as soon as possible

thank you,
ratboy

Sponsored links

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5