Game Fix to switch from 2x native and up to 1x native in cutscenes automatically
When I use software mode the cutscene runs at 80% speed but with hardware it runs at 100% speed. I have to apply the "Switch to GSdx software rendering when an FWV plays" fix so there is no grid for cutscenes because I use hardware mode to play Ape Escape 2 at above native resolution on gameplay. If anybody could put a game fix to switch from 2x native and above to 1x native in hardware mode in cutscenes automatically so it would be at 100% speed without having to switch from above 2x native to 1x native by going to the GSdx plugin and to not get a grid that would be very convenient.

Here is some pictures but note the speed on the top of the images

1x native hardware (Speed 100%)

[Image: oe3BB5s.png]

2133x1200 Custom Resolution Hardware (Speed 100%)

[Image: My4uNYy.png]

1x Native Software (Speed 81%)

[Image: B0lX6t2.png]

Specs of my Computer

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 @3.3 GHz
GPU: AMD R9 270 2gb @955 MHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 RAM
SSD: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO
HDD: 1TB WD Blue
GSdx: GSdx AVX2 Direct3D11
PCSX2 Version 1.3.1-20151028000211

I mean't to post this as a thread not a private message because I got confused on how to post a thread so I'm sorry to Blyss Sarania, Gabest, and refraction.

Sponsored links

there are already quite a few gamefixes on the GUI and it wouldn't look pretty to add something like this along with it.

If you want, I'll make a custom build with this option. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I didnt get why you dont want to use switch to sw renderer? That effectively also switches to native (even if it doesnt matter as you are not using the hw renderer anymore)

Quote:I mean't to post this as a thread not a private message because I got confused on how to post a thread so I'm sorry to Blyss Sarania, Gabest, and refraction.
:'D
(11-04-2015, 07:03 AM)ssakash Wrote: there are already quite a few gamefixes on the GUI and it wouldn't look pretty to add something like this along with it.

If you want, I'll make a custom build with this option. Smile

Yeah that would be great to make a custom build with the option.
(11-04-2015, 09:04 AM)willkuer Wrote: I didnt get why you dont want to use switch to sw renderer? That effectively also switches to native (even if it doesnt matter as you are not using the hw renderer anymore)

:'D

Its because the sw renderer is slow on rendéring Ape Escape 2's cutscenes. The hw mode mode is fast at rendering the cutscenes but you have to switch resolutions every time there's a cutscene then back to high resolution in gameplay which gets annoying.
(11-04-2015, 07:20 PM)Croc the Legend Wrote: Yeah that would be great to make a custom build with the option.

I'll provide one tomorrow if no one else gets to it, it's way past my bed time right now :[
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Ah sorry. I didn't see that.

What about extra rendering threads -> 3 in gsdx sw settings? I think you should be able to render the cutscenes in full speed using software mode.
(11-04-2015, 07:31 PM)willkuer Wrote: Ah sorry. I didn't see that.

What about extra rendering threads -> 3 in gsdx sw settings? I think you should be able to render the cutscenes in full speed using software mode.

I set the extra rendering threads to 3 but its still slow. Also tried to set it to zero and its still slow.
Can you please screenshot gsdx plugin settings?
The game's cutscenes now work in hardware mode in higher resolution on opengl thanks to the unscale pointline hack. Whoever provided the hack thanks.