Game Freezes (not in all, but in many)
Hello, I am encountering these performance drops that are random, it does not happen in all games but it does in many. The problem is that when I am playing a game, the game stops or "pauses" for 1 second or so, I can't find an explanation for it, since as I say, it doesn't happen in all games. (occurs in HW and SW mode, at any resolution, native or not). I leave a screenshot of the moment in which I was seeing the fps of the game, also a small video where you can see that error. Thank you. 

My PC. Intel i7 6700 , GTX 1070, 16Gb RAM, games run from a 7200rpm HDD, PCSX2 is installed on the same SSD as W10 (only those 2 programs are there)

[Image: 0DXvLJV.jpg]

Sponsored links

nothing? Sad help, please
Using nightly ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-19-2023, 11:17 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Using nightly ?

yes, v1.7.5034. But it has been happening since many previous versions, and I have even put this latest "clean" version, from scratch, and it is still the same

It happens to me in quite a few games, not in all of them, but for example...

Wipeout Pulse
The Simpsons Hit & Run
Tekken 5
Gran Turismo 4
Dakar 2
Urban Chaos
Battlefield 2 Modern combat
The Bard´s Tale
King´s Field IV
... etc, etc

However, games that seem more "powerful" such as the Burnout saga, the Ratchet & Clank saga, Motorstorm, GTA San Andreas, for example, work perfectly and without these problems.
I hope you understand what I'm saying, I'm using Google Translate.
and thanks for being interested Smile
could you please enable all stats in OSD and make a new screenshot ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-20-2023, 03:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: could you please enable all stats in OSD and make a new screenshot ?

Sure, give me a moment, because I have to find the right moment when he does this, as soon as I have the screenshot I'll show it to you

Ok, I have it. Since I did not want to use the tool that PCSX2 has to record video so that the data would not be modified... I have used an external camera, (a tablet), I hope it works for you, because since those "freezes" are random... It is difficult to record them, it is difficult, since they do not always appear in the same place.
link to video.... The problem appears 8-10 seconds into the video, (I trimmed it so I wasn't watching a 10 minute video)
I have tried the game King's Field IV, since it is one of the few games in which it happens within the first 5 minutes of being played.
(09-20-2023, 03:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ....

Any idea please?. Thanks
can you try moving the game to the SSD and running it from there (so you will need to use System->Start File, not the game list)? Something outside PCSX2 is causing it to hang.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-24-2023, 02:07 PM)refraction Wrote: can you try moving the game to the SSD and running it from there (so you will need to use System->Start File, not the game list)? Something outside PCSX2 is causing it to hang.

It hadn't occurred to me !, I'll try it and tell you, thank you.