Game Issue - True Crime NYC
This is my first time using PCSX2 and I am having some issues running a certain game. The game I am attempting to run is True Crime NYC. It Boots up just fine, but when i get to the start menu my speeds drop below 50%. All other games I try work, it is just NYC I am having these difficulties with. Now all games are doing it and now hey are missing textures.

Hardware
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
CPU: AMD FX 6300 6 Core
RAM: 24 GB DDR3

I am using version 1.4 of PCSX2 with all default settings other than using software dx9 rather than hardware (hardware causes textures not to load). I am also using ISOs.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • if you are playing from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-30-2017, 07:53 PM)nottherealaustin Wrote: This is my first time using PCSX2 and I am having some issues running a certain game. The game I am attempting to run is True Crime NYC. It Boots up just fine, but when i get to the start menu my speeds drop below 50%. All other games I try work, it is just NYC I am having these difficulties with.

Hardware
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
CPU: AMD FX 6300 6 Core
RAM: 24 GB DDR3

I am using version 1.4 of PCSX2 with all default settings other than using software dx9 rather than hardware (hardware causes textures not to load). I am also using ISOs.

Edited
(03-30-2017, 07:54 PM)refraction Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • if you are playing from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Made a few edits to the post. Thank you.
ok 2 things which may be causing your PC to be slow.

If your CPU isn't overclocked it might be a little bit weak.
Software mode will really slow you down, it could be worth trying a newer version of PCSX2 with GSDX set to OpenGL Hardware Mode, you can get that from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

You could also try the MTVU speedhack, that might also help
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]