Game Keeps Crashing. =(
Hi.
I was playing Final Fantasy X with Pcsx0.9.6, and it was running just fine. Suddenly it crashed at a certain spot, though.
I had a saved state a few moments before, so it's nothing serious. -The problem is that the game crashes at the same spot every time.

I searched on google and found other people with similar problems. They were adviced to change the sound configs, because a certain sound might not be able to load correctly.
When I tried changing sound configs the sound completely dissapear, and instead of crashing the game it just "stops". (It doesn't freeze, it just don't do anything during the cinematic..)

Help greatly appriciated. =)

Sponsored links

Well first give us a list which plugins u used.
Did you run the game from a DVD or ISO?
[Image: 26293342.gif]
I run from an .ISO file.

I use:
GSdx 890 (SSE2) for graphics
P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0 for sound
Gigaherz's CD/DVD Plugin for CD/DVD
You use an ISO file yet you use Gigaherz's CD/DVD Plugin?

Are you mounting the game by any chance
(03-04-2009, 06:52 PM)Jasperking Wrote: You use an ISO file yet you use Gigaherz's CD/DVD Plugin?

Are you mounting the game by any chance

I left most configurations (that I didn't understand) as default. Blush

Yes, I'm mounting the game.
You mean I can change DVD plugin and skip the mounting procedure?
You should set the cdvd plugin to a linuzappz one and then config the plugin to load the iso.
(03-04-2009, 07:04 PM)Jasperking Wrote: You should set the cdvd plugin to a linuzappz one and then config the plugin to load the iso.

I get 'error can't load' when I use linuzappz.

Are there any ways of transfering saved states/memory cards?
Maybe I can upload mine, and someone else can load and play past the crash-cinematic, save and then upload the new save file?
Did you find the .iso with linuzappz and then choose Run CD/DVD?

If it doesn't work then there is something wrong :/ unless you are trying to use the original disc with it
(03-04-2009, 07:20 PM)Jasperking Wrote: Did you find the .iso with linuzappz and then choose Run CD/DVD?

If it doesn't work then there is something wrong :/ unless you are trying to use the original disc with it

It doesn't matter.
I'm running fine without linuzappz.
-Except for the part I recently reached, which is crashing, of course..
I could try to play past the crash scene if you want to?
[Image: 26293342.gif]