Game choppyness
First off, my apologizes if this has been covered I looked it up but didn't get anything with my search term.

Anyways, I have manged to set PCSX2 and I currently have it running ZOE2 as I type this as a matter of fact (yes off of my own bought copy of the game)

But that brings me to my question. I'm getting choppiness when the game is playing, or even in cinematics was wondering if there was a solution to this? or simply the emulation level isn't there yet to run ZOE2 properly? I know this game already pushed the PS2 quite hard as is.

Anyways I'll outline my settings, specs ect

Specs
Ram 4gig DDR2
CPU AMD Athlon X2 Black edition @ 2.7 GHZ
Vid card: Evga Nvidia GTS 250

Emu settings
Graphics im using GSdx 890 with DX10 hardware rendering (got it on DX9 hardware too) at 512X512
CDrom I'm using Gigaherz'a plugin

Framerate in intro cinematic bounces from mid 30s-high 50s
I'm getting less then 20% CPU use in the cinematic where I'm still getting choppiness

RECVX also had a little choppiness but not nearly as much as ZOE2

If you need anymore info from me just ask I'll do my best to answer.

Thank for any help you can offer me.

Crap, sorry this seems to be the wrong section, I hate to look like the noob who read nothing and just started clicking, been up all night wasn't thinking sorry again.

Sponsored links

Wrong section, moved.

Zone of Enders 2 is a very demanding game so there's probably not much you can do, try the latest beta and latest beta plugins and enable some speedhacks if anything.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

Resident Evil Code Veronica being choppy is weird though, are you running it from the disc? is it only the FMVs?

Please use full names for games as not everyone may know what you mean BTW Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Sorry again about the wrong section lol just ya..lack of sleep getting to me and I shall use full names Smile

and with Resident evil it was very very very minor and infrequent during the FMV, not during gameplay though (I didn't play long at all to be honest) but ya its running from the disk.

Metal Gear Solid 3 was also horrid, but from what I've found on here that's typical of it.

And thanks for the info but personally I've had horrid luck with computers in my past, so I'm gonna shy away from beta releases I'm just more curious if this is something typical of PCSX2 or a unique thing, but seems its hardly uncommon, anything I can do to boost performance so I don't run into these problems? (as in some direct settings I can turn down to make it run more fluidly) I know in emulators of older systems there is usually a way to downgrade the graphics a lil to get better performance but its less obvious with PCSX2.
Hmmmz, you COULD try to make an ISO out of your cd. That way your system doesn`t slow down reading the cdrom drive.
Probably only a minimal help.
Also, you could try utilizing the speed hacks. But my guess is you allready done that.

Anyway, to make the beta look less scary: it`s a diffrent install: with which I mean, it installs as a diffrent program on a diffrent directory than the original PCSX.
Anything you do with the beta won`t destroy hard work with the current version of your emulator.

Just look at it as an "if it doesn`t work with this one, try the other one." kinda thing.

Some games might not run, others might run much much better.
I haven't tried speedhacks yet I just got this running today, will prob look into them later, and that's not my concern with the beta its more just a colossal cluster (insert word I dunno if I'm allowed to say here) of my entire system I'm concerned about, since betas are largely untested, and things like this (emulators) I'm already a lil hesitant on using in the 1st place.
Try OCing your CPU to 3.0ghz or higher too. It helps tons
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
(04-07-2010, 06:54 PM)Formula21 Wrote: I haven't tried speedhacks yet I just got this running today, will prob look into them later, and that's not my concern with the beta its more just a colossal cluster (insert word I dunno if I'm allowed to say here) of my entire system I'm concerned about, since betas are largely untested, and things like this (emulators) I'm already a lil hesitant on using in the 1st place.

Since the beta itself has been officialy announced, i think there's no harm in trying it cause many of the users are also using the beta. Try it yourself, it will give huge speedboost with some new speedhacks option
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G