Game running slow
First off, PC Specs

AMD FX 8320 @ 4.3 GHz
12 GB DDR3 1600 ram
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870
ASUS M5A97 MOBO

I have noticed while playing a game, my FPS drops from 60 to 20 and will fluctuate constantly.  This causes the game the game to slow down and the audio to distort.  I have spent hours on the forums changing settings and making sure I have everything set how it should be.  I've tried speed hacks but it did not help.  My CPU usage never gets above 30% and I have no spikes in RAM usage.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

P.S.-I've noticed it is affected worse when smoke, fog, or tire smoke is present in the game.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Dirt to Daytona and IHRA Drag Racing are the two games I'm trying to get working.  I'm using v1.2.1 of PCSX2.  As of right now, I'm using all default settings with the exception of using Direct3d11 Hardware.  Direct3d9 was default.
(08-12-2015, 02:37 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Dirt to Daytona and IHRA Drag Racing are the two games I'm trying to get working in ISO form.  I'm using v1.2.1 of PCSX2.  As of right now, I'm using all default settings with the exception of using Direct3d11 Hardware.  Direct3d9 was default.
Your cpu has 8 cores. Pcsx2 can use two or three threads in HW mode. If those threads use the whole cputime of their cores you get a total cpu usage of 25% (2 threads) or 38% (3 threads). Adding some bg load for windows and antivir software you should have around 30% (2 threads) or 40-45% (3 threads) load if you are bottlenecked by your cpu. That sounds exactly like what you describe....

So you are doing nothing wrong. A single core of your cpu is just too weak to handle a single thread of pcsx2 for these two games. (Racing games are often very demanding)

Try to enable mtvu hack.
To keep audio 'more normal' try to use async mix as synchronization mode in spu2-x plugin settings.