Game running slow
Im using Dell xps l502x and i used pcsx2 and played smackdown pain, god of war flawlessly, but when i played Burnout 3:takedown, the game runs normal in menu selection screens, but when i get into the gameplay it gets into complete slow motion. I tried the lowest resolution 640x480, tried speedhacks, increased UU,UV to 1,2,3 all. but it improved slightly but i still cannot play the game because its slow... Sad Pls help, I love ths Game. Tongue Thanks

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have the same problem with twisted metal black, Menu running fine but when the game starts it's too slow.Angry

I had this problem with a PS1 emulator too but i kept changing the video setting until the menu became crazily fast and the game fine but i tried with PCSX2 and didn't work.WackoBlinkAngry

Please help.

I'm running windows 8 (32 bit)
Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.00 GHz
2 GB RAM
Intel G41 Express Chipset GPU
(08-13-2013, 01:53 PM)Omar Atef Wrote: I have the same problem with twisted metal black, Menu running fine but when the game starts it's too slow.Angry

I had this problem with a PS1 emulator too but i kept changing the video setting until the menu became crazily fast and the game fine but i tried with PCSX2 and didn't work.WackoBlinkAngry

Please help.

I'm running windows 8 (32 bit)
Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.00 GHz
2 GB RAM
Intel G41 Express Chipset GPU

@Omar Atef
Ps1 games are easier to emulate than ps2. Your CPU is weak even with 3ghz because it is very old and so is your GPU.
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
First of all it's Atef not Atif Laugh

Secondly i think it's just an emulator setting problem because when i change the settings the speed changes sometimes to worse and sometimes to better, Also i run a lot higher PC games and i don't think TM Black will be a problem and i know that my GPU is Sh***y.

so if you have something helpful please let me know Smile
What he said is right. You can't compare PCSX2 to normal apps and PC games, completely different things. The PS2 is a very difficult machine to emulate, and your CPU just isn't up to the task at all. It's very old and doesn't have the type of power needed to run any 3D games. You probably could get away with some 2D games, *maybe*.

You're gonna have to do some upgrades to get better performance.
Thanks for your help all.
@omar : thanks for creating your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's next time.
@the others : please tell the users to create their threads instead of comforting them into the idea that hijacking a thread isnt rude.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Back to Harriton...please note your cpu, gpu, pcsx2 version, and settings used, such as plugin settings and speedhacks.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Lol, for some reason I thought this Omar dude *was* the TC. Oh well.