Game will not load?
Hi, I just started trying to use PCSX2 and am having trouble getting a game to load. I downloaded the application, got the plugins, and got a Grandia 2 .mdf file that I just converted to .iso. I start up the emulator, went to CDVD, Iso Selector, Browse and selected my .iso. Then I click on System and Reboot CDVD(full). A window pops up with the typical ps2 "Sony Computer Entertainment" startup screen. Then it goes to a screen with lots of red colors saying "DVD/CD-ROM im Playstation - oder, Playstation 2-Format einlegen"

And it just hangs there forever.

I have tried looking online for help, but most of the guides I see are outdated and tell me to click on options that I don't see in my windows. What am I missing here? What else needs to be done for me to play the game? Thank you for any help.

Sponsored links

maybe the image got corrupted when you converted it. ususally renaming the file to ".iso" might even work too. the internal structure of the file is usually the same. also, just in case you did, don't mount the iso or mdf in virtual drives and try using the pcsx2 internal CDVD loader instead of plugins. you could also boot fast to bypass errors.

anyway. you should get a warning for piracy/warez talk soon. cause mdf sounds like a downloaded game. Wink
(08-28-2011, 05:53 PM)xstyla Wrote: anyway. you should get a warning for piracy/warez talk soon. cause mdf sounds like a downloaded game. Wink

Actually, I would make .mdf's accidentally all the time - I would pop the disc in and immediately try to rip it - and if the disc isn't full read, it would not give you the option to try and rip it to an .iso file, but a .mdf file instead, which would not work most of the time.

Try extracting the data off your disc again - this time, wait for your computer to fully read the disc and then select to create an .iso in your image-creating program.

Edit: But saying he "got a Grandia 2 .mdf file" does sound suspicious, too...

Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...