GameDB: Gamefixes update - discussion
The game "The Shadow of Zorro" need a comment to say at some user to set the VU1 to interpretor to fix some side effect.
[patches]
comment=- The game will have some rendering bugs and hangs if the VU1 is not set to interpreter.
comment=- Go to Config > Emulation Settings > VUs tab, and set VU1 to "interpreter".
comment=- be careful, the emulator will slow down with this fix but it's necessary!
[/patches]

SLES-50662

Sponsored links

The game "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance" in the pal and japan version have compat=4 , the game is perfectly playable , must be changed to comat=5

SLES-50672
SLPS-25139
SLPS-25291

I had forget to only add the fix and no compatibility states , sorry.
The game "FIFA World Cup 2002" have some missing fix in some versions:

EETimingHack = 1

SLES-50796
SLES-50797
SLES-50799
SLES-50800
SLES-50801
SLUS-20404
Add missing version of the game "Men in Black II: Alien Escape" , and add the VIFFIFOhack to them

VIFFIFOHack = 1

SLES-50789
SLPM-67533
The game "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II" in the pal and japan version have compat=4 , the game is perfectly playable , must be changed to comat=5

SLES-52188
SLPM-65845

I had forget to only add the fix and no compatibility states , sorry.
The game "Pitfall: The Lost Expedition" need the fix : Ignore Dmac writes when it is busy to go ingame and this comment to avoid a black screen with GSDX (Update compat=4 to compat=5)

[patches]
comment=- GSDX will show a black screen if the Adapter is set to a dedicated graphics card .
comment=- Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin settings > Adapter, and set to "Microsoft Basic Render Driver" or "Default Hardware Device".
[/patches]

SLUS-20408
SLES-51686
SLES-51687
SLES-51688
SLES-51689
SLES-51690
(07-27-2017, 06:09 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: The game "Pitfall: The Lost Expedition" need the fix : Ignore Dmac writes when it is busy to go ingame and this comment to avoid a black screen with GSDX (Update compat=4 to compat=5)

[patches]
comment=- GSDX will show a black screen if the Adapter is set to a dedicated graphics card .
comment=- Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin settings > Adapter, and set to "Microsoft Basic Render Driver" or "Default Hardware Device".
[/patches]

SLUS-20408
SLES-51686
SLES-51687
SLES-51688
SLES-51689
SLES-51690

I wonder you guys are actually testing these games before updating things? Are you suggesting things on your own or copy pasting from some other place? Pitfall doesn't work. It got some massive issues which are currently unfixable with PCSX2. Ignore Dmac writes is a temporary solution which enables the game to work for initial few minutes only. It will eventually hang/crash or get stuck with gifunit errors.
Yes I know, it's a temporarly workaround but after some reflection , it's beter to do anything , waiting for a patch.
Note : I know that some wiki info are false (maybe an update would be nice) , I test the game before post the fix and made my typo with some wiki typo (for the patches) , I only check wiki at the end of my comment to verify if the issue exist, and for the pitfall game , I had notice that these fix improve the game but finaly,not enough to post these changes.
But I can affirm that my other fix are real and working.
(07-27-2017, 04:29 AM)lightningterror Wrote: Can you add the games that you sent in the rars ?

Added 1,299 games and fixed incorrect games name

List of  added games (NTSC-K, NTSC-J, NTSC-U, PAL).zip
 - Added NTSC-K (271).txt
 - Added NTSC-J (842).txt
 - Added NTSC-U (26).txt
 - Added PAL (160).txt

.zip   List of added games (NTSC-K, NTSC-J, NTSC-U, PAL).zip (Size: 21,3 KB / Downloads: 156)

Rename DB (NTSC-K, NTSC-J,NTSC-U,PAL).zip
 - Rename DB NTSC-K.TXT
 - Rename DB NTSC-J.TXT
 - Rename DB NTSC-U.TXT
 - Rename DB PAL.TXT

.zip   Rename DB (NTSC-K, NTSC-J,NTSC-U,PAL).zip (Size: 102,98 KB / Downloads: 144)

GameIndex.dbf

.zip   GameIndex.zip (Size: 201,2 KB / Downloads: 163)
I'm starting to have second thoughts on this PR. The number of games that need hacks added seem a lot.
And by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like they are properly tested.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5