Gamepad devices not detected
Exclamation 
I recently rebuilt the control pad on my Arcade machine using a common 2-player usb joystick and button kit I bought off Amazon. It works great for all other emulators, except PCSX2. I've spent the better part of a day combing through forums and how-to's to try and get this resolved, but it seems that PCSX2 is intentionally limiting compatibility with devices. I've tried numerous versions from 1.6.0 to 1.7.5201 with no sucess. Is this ever going to work? Is there a way to resolve this with a config edit of some sort? Please advise.
See screenshots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

"it seems that PCSX2 is intentionally limiting compatibility with devices"

where did you get that idea Blink
why are you using an old pcsx2 version too ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-11-2023, 09:27 AM)jesalvein Wrote: "it seems that PCSX2 is intentionally limiting compatibility with devices"

where did you get that idea Blink
why are you using an old pcsx2 version too ?

The version in the screenshot is the latest Flatpak version. I also manually tried the latest AppImage version 1.7.5201 as stated in the original post.

Also, here's the joysticks and buttons I bought off Amazon. 
'EG STARTS 2 Player Arcade DIY Kit'

try sdl raw.
if that doesn't do it, try dinput.
because it looks like your stick is correctly detected from the looks of your screenshots
(11-11-2023, 07:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: try sdl raw.
if that doesn't do it, try dinput.
because it looks like your stick is correctly detected from the looks of your screenshots

The Ultrastick device that is detected in the screenshot is a different analog joystick.
oh, my bad, you don't have dinput in linux.
Well, if it's not in SDL, probably no luck, i guess
I don't understand why everything recognizes the Joysticks and buttons except PCSX2. The OS, Stella emulator, Mednafen emulator, PPSSPP emulator, RPCS3 emulator, EmulationStation-DE gui all work just fine with the joysticks and buttons, but PCSX2 doesn't even see that they exist.
Wink 
UPDATE: as of the latest update the joysticks are recognized successfully.  I had to adjust a few sensitivity tolerances, but so far it's working great.  Smile