Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamepad recommendations?
Well, I suppose the first question is - do you think I can get by without one? I've mostly been playing P3 so far, and I'm actually not having any trouble just using my keyboard. Games that I'll be playing in the future will probably be all jrpgs as well, exceptions may be Okami, Ico and DMC.

If I do get one, I'd like it to be wireless (not that important) and to look as much like a ps2 controller as possible - having actual square/triangle/circle/cross buttons would be great. So far I'm considering Logitech's Wireless Rumblepad 2 and a PS3 controller. Anyone have any experience with either of those? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored links

(11-08-2010, 03:27 AM)solitaires Wrote: Well, I suppose the first question is - do you think I can get by without one? I've mostly been playing P3 so far, and I'm actually not having any trouble just using my keyboard.

Sure, why not? I prefer using a controller to a keyboard, though.

(11-08-2010, 03:27 AM)solitaires Wrote: If I do get one, I'd like it to be wireless (not that important) and to look as much like a ps2 controller as possible - having actual square/triangle/circle/cross buttons would be great. So far I'm considering Logitech's Wireless Rumblepad 2 and a PS3 controller. Anyone have any experience with either of those? Or any other suggestions?

Using a DualShock 3 controller via bluetooth (MotionInJoy). It really helps make the experience feel "genuine". Smile
i would say a DualShock 2 with a usb adapter would come cheaper than a DualSchock 3.Also Logitech Rumblepad 2 is a good gamepad(i own it) but it's a little heavier than DualSchock 2 and has a small difference in it's design.Better go to a shop and try them all.
You can use a SIXAXIS or Dualshock 3 controller by just pluggin it in and using a file. However it you want to do bluetooth with them you need to do a little setting up but not much.Smile
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT
(11-08-2010, 10:27 AM)DarkDante Wrote: i would say a DualShock 2 with a usb adapter would come cheaper than a DualSchock 3.Also Logitech Rumblepad 2 is a good gamepad(i own it) but it's a little heavier than DualSchock 2 and has a small difference in it's design.Better go to a shop and try them all.

True, but it won't be wireless and it's hard to find an adapter that has drivers for vibration support.

If you don't care about vibration, though, the Logitech Cordless Precision actually works pretty well without tinkering.
Don't go for third party controllers,they're made for the clueless parent. Every one of them has some annoying little quick and they're all cheaply made. For me emulation was just a novelty until I started using the DS3 on the PC Smile