Gameplay FPS issues with good pc?
I can't figure out why every game i play is fine on intros and stuff like that, but when i actually start playing the game, it's barely playable! Ratchet & Clank i can understand because of Mip-mapping, but i thought i would be at least just be laggy, but the game literally just crashes. Even a game like Crash Bandicoot the wrath of cortex which most people don't have a problem with playing, the fps drops to 30-40! When i changed my gs to avx my fps went to like 35-45, but that's not fast enough to be playable. I've also tried pretty much everything when it comes to configuration. I've tried both with game fixes and without, and both with speed hacks and without.

Pc specs:
AMD A10-5757M APU with Radeon HD graphics 2.50 GHz
8GB memory
64-bit operating system and x64 processor

I've also tried to put power-save on high performance, helps by only a few FPS.

Sponsored links

Your CPU probably won't cut it with most games under pcsx2, unfortunately.
Try fiddling a bit with speedhacks to get nar playable speeds, don't expect miracles with that system.
Can you please post the emulog.txt you get after R&C crashes ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-25-2014, 01:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Your CPU probably won't cut it with most games under pcsx2, unfortunately.
Try fiddling a bit with speedhacks to get nar playable speeds, don't expect miracles with that system.
Can you please post the emulog.txt you get after R&C crashes ?

Nevermind, i tried it again and this time it works. Lags horribly though. I didn't think pcsx2 required that much from a pc. Oh well.
which games are you trying to play? (besides ratchet and clank)
I managed to make Crash bandicoot work with some speed hacks! I haven't tried with Ratchet and Clank yet though. And Saiki, so far Crash Bandicoot the wrath of Cortex, Ratchet & Clank 2 & 3 are the only ones i've tried. I've heard that ratchet & clank is a very hard game to emulate because of mipmapping or something.

Edit: I found that the more i move the faster the fps gets, weird. I also get worse FPS when i enter bigger areas in the game.
no experience with crash, but seeing as you have an a10.. it's that octocore? or hexacore?
(10-25-2014, 02:16 PM)Saiki Wrote: no experience with crash, but seeing as you have an a10.. it's that octocore? or hexacore?

I don't know how to find out if it's octocore or hexacore, but it at least says that it's elite quad-core.
(10-25-2014, 02:12 PM)dysbber162 Wrote: weird. I also get worse FPS when i enter bigger areas in the game.

well that's common the more texture's the processor needs to render the more workload it takes....
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction