Games Unplayable? i7 2600k Radeon 7770
"Your CPU might be throttling"
why would my CPU be throttling? ill check this running CPU-Z all tho im not sure exactly what im looking for.

o and im playing from ISOs

Sponsored links

I have the same CPU and an 7870 and i can play almost any game i own at 3x and at full speed, so it is not a problem of your configuration not being powerful enough.

1. The CPU goes down to 1.2-1.6Ghz in idle situations. Use CPUZ side-by-side with your PS2 game running in a window. If you see the speed jumping from 3.4 (or 4.3 with HyperThreading on) to 1.2-1.6Ghz, you need to turn throttling off (from the bios).

2. Don't use a dvd, burn the game to .iso instead

2600K CPUs are easy to overclock if you have a good CPU cooling solution installed. It goes to 4.8Ghz easily if you need extra speed: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110

Keep in mind that some games slow down even on the original PS2 and you can't do anything about it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
(12-12-2013, 12:28 AM)NarooN Wrote: Your CPU might be throttling. The GPU is okay but not the best, might wanna stick to 2x scaling at best with it. Make sure your CPU speed isn't jumping up and down for no reason. Get CPU-Z (it's free) and monitor the CPU usage while you play.

A 7770 should eat those games.

I could run FFXII @ 3x on Geforce GT 610 which is maybe 10% the speed of 7770.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I don't have GT4, so I was just guessing Tongue2.

But yeah, you could disable the processor going into lower power states in the BIOS. Get in the BIOS by tapping the Delete key after turning your rig on, then look for an option called "CPU EIST Function". Set it to disabled.
(12-12-2013, 01:46 AM)NarooN Wrote: I don't have GT4, so I was just guessing Tongue2.

But yeah, you could disable the processor going into lower power states in the BIOS. Get in the BIOS by tapping the Delete key after turning your rig on, then look for an option called "CPU EIST Function". Set it to disabled.

EIST = Enhanced Intel Speed Step?

(Total guess, didn't look it up)

Edit: Looked it up Smile

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology

[Image: CloseEnough_zps61470e04.png]
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-12-2013, 01:15 AM)GeoMan Wrote: I have the same CPU and an 7870 and i can play almost any game i own at 3x and at full speed, so it is not a problem of your configuration not being powerful enough.

1. The CPU goes down to 1.2-1.6Ghz in idle situations. Use CPUZ side-by-side with your PS2 game running in a window. If you see the speed jumping from 3.4 (or 4.3 with HyperThreading on) to 1.2-1.6Ghz, you need to turn throttling off (from the bios).

2. Don't use a dvd, burn the game to .iso instead

2600K CPUs are easy to overclock if you have a good CPU cooling solution installed. It goes to 4.8Ghz easily if you need extra speed: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110

Keep in mind that some games slow down even on the original PS2 and you can't do anything about it!

Thats actually the same MOBO as me aswell, I also have liquid cooling, (Got CPU, Mobo, Coooler, and Ram for $275 from a friend)

I have no clue how to over clock and kinda scared to break somthing.
(12-12-2013, 01:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: EIST = Enhanced Intel Speed Step?

(Total guess, didn't look it up)

Edit: Looked it up Smile

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology

[Image: CloseEnough_zps61470e04.png]

Take all of my LOL's
soo I consulted a friend who knows a bit more about overlcoking and who I purchased this MOBO/CPU from, and he says he OC at 4.4ghz, CPU-Z shows 4429.83Mhz and no throttling
Did your friend OC his own rig, or he OC'd yours?
This mobo and CPU was his, he OCed it when he had it, Then when he sold it to me he just said dont touch anything in the bios cause its already OCed

dont get why he upgraded from i7 2600k but he did, and had to get new mobo for the new socket. lol

o and I got it working now, no slow downs, just small hiccups in audio